Affiliation: New Jersey
- Diagnostic patterns in Latino, African American, and European American psychiatric patientsShula Minsky
University Behavioral HealthCare, Department of Psychiatry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway 08855, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 60:637-44. 2003..Documenting such differences should have important implications for evidence-based clinical practice...
- Ethnicity and clinical psychiatric diagnosis in childhoodShula Minsky
Department of Psychiatry, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 33:558-67. 2006..Clinician bias; 3. Discordant normative behavioral expectations between parents and service providers; and 4. Interaction between differential expression of underlying pathology and tolerance for such expressions...
- Concordance between measured and self-perceived weight status of persons with serious mental illnessShula Minsky
University Behavioral HealthCare, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 151 Centennial Ave, Suite 1500, Piscataway, NJ 08855, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:91-3. 2013..This study investigated concordance between self-perceived and measured weight status for persons with serious mental illness...
- Managed care and clinical decision-making in child and adolescent behavioral health: provider perceptionsPhilip T Yanos
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey University Behavioral HealthCare UMDNJ UBHC, Newark 07103, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 30:307-21. 2003..Although most providers recognized the advantages of managed care in increasing efficiency, many were concerned that administrative pressures associated with managed care compromise service quality...
- A program for managing weight gain associated with atypical antipsychoticsBetty Vreeland
Department of Psychiatry Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and University Behavioral Health Care, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, 08855, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:1155-7. 2003..These data suggest that the intervention was effective in this group of patients. Professionals treating persons who are taking atypical antipsychotics should encourage them to engage in weight control activities...
- Correlates of health insurance among persons with schizophrenia in a statewide behavioral health care systemPhilip T Yanos
Department of Psychiatry, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School, Neward, NJ 07103, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:79-82. 2004..The findings are consistent with the results of previous research demonstrating that lack of insurance is associated with decreased use of community-based services among persons with severe mental illness...
- Efficacy of the team solutions program for educating patients about illness management and treatmentBetty Vreeland
University Behavioral HealthCare UBHC and Robert Wood Johnson Medical School of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey UMDNJ, Piscataway, New Jersey 08855, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:822-8. 2006..Team Solutions was chosen for study because it is available over the Internet and other venues at no cost and is used by mental health agencies across the United States and Canada...
- Service use among patients with serious mental illnesses who presented with physical symptoms at intakeShula Minsky
Department of Quality Improvement, University Behavioral HealthCare, Piscataway, NJ, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:1146-51. 2011..The goal of this study was to examine relationships among serious mental illness, general physical symptoms, and use of mental health services among persons presenting for admission at a community-based mental health center...
- Evaluation of cognitive restructuring for post-traumatic stress disorder in people with severe mental illnessKim T Mueser
Kim T Mueser, PhD, Jennifer D Gottlieb, PhD, Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Boston University, Boston, USA Haiyi Xie, PhD, Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, USA, Weili Lu, PhD, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences University, Piscataway, USA Philip T Yanos, PhD, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York, New York, USA Stanley D Rosenberg, PhD, Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, USA, Steven M Silverstein, PhD, Stephanie Marcello Duva, PhD, Shula Minsky, PhD, Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care, Piscataway, USA Rosemarie S Wolfe, MS, Gregory J McHugo, Shanghai 200040
Br J Psychiatry 206:501-8. 2015....
- Managing atypical antipsychotic-associated weight gain: 12-month data on a multimodal weight control programMatthew Menza
Department of Psychiatry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, D207A, 671 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:471-7. 2004....
- Aging and outpatient service use among persons with schizophrenia-spectrum disorders in a statewide behavioral healthcare systemWeili Lu
J Behav Health Serv Res 31:450-7. 2004..The findings suggest the importance of relapse prevention for persons aged 18-44 treated in outpatient settings...