William J Kostis
Affiliation: New Jersey
- Continuous veno-venous hemodialysis pseudoflutterWilliam J Kostis
Department of Medicine, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08903 0019, USA
J Electrocardiol 40:316-8. 2007..As end-stage renal disease and hemodialysis are associated with atrial tachyarrhythmias, physicians should be aware of the possibility of such artifacts induced by the dialysis equipment itself...
- Weekend versus weekday admission and mortality from myocardial infarctionWilliam J Kostis
Department of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08903 0019, USA
N Engl J Med 356:1099-109. 2007..Management of acute myocardial infarction requires urgent diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, which may not be uniformly available throughout the week...
- Comparison of hospital versus out of hospital coronary death rates in women and menYu Hsuan Shao
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Am J Cardiol 106:26-30. 2010..In conclusion, the greater in-hospital mortality of young women hospitalized for MI compared to young men could be explained in part by the finding that young men were more likely to have out-of-hospital CHD death...
- Incidence and trends of heart failure admissions after coronary artery bypass grafting surgeryAbel E Moreyra
Cardiovascular Institute of New Jersey and Department of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Eur J Heart Fail 15:46-53. 2013..Factors related to hospitalization for heart failure (HF) following coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) surgery were studied...
- Association Between Dehydration and Short-Term Risk of Ischemic Stroke in Patients with Atrial FibrillationJoel N Swerdel
The Cardiovascular Institute at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 125 Paterson Street, Suite 5200, New Brunswick, NJ, 08901, USA
Transl Stroke Res . 2016..We also found no difference in the risk of ischemic stroke during any time period in patients over 80 YO. Dehydration may be a significant risk factor for ischemic stroke in patients 18-80 YO with AF...
- Statin therapy and the risk of intracerebral hemorrhage: a meta-analysis of 31 randomized controlled trialsJames S McKinney
Cardiovascular Institute of New Jersey and the Department of Neurology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Stroke 43:2149-56. 2012..An increased risk of intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) has been observed in some studies. To investigate this issue, we performed a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials using statins that reported ICH...
- Questionable hospital chart documentation practices by physiciansRanita Sharma
UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08903 0019, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:1865-70. 2008..Physicians, influenced by various pressures, may document information in patient records that they did not personally observe...
- Troponin-I elevation in a young man with arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathyWilliam J Kostis
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 22:49-53. 2008..The patient was successfully treated with radiofrequency ablation. This case illustrates that ARVD/C may result in elevated cardiac enzymes in the absence of coronary artery disease...
- Small pulmonary nodules: reproducibility of three-dimensional volumetric measurement and estimation of time to follow-up CTWilliam J Kostis
Department of Radiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Radiology 231:446-52. 2004..To determine reproducibility of volume measurements of small pulmonary nodules on computed tomographic (CT) scans and to estimate critical time to follow-up CT...