H M Geller
Affiliation: New Jersey
- Oxidative stress mediates neuronal DNA damage and apoptosis in response to cytosine arabinosideH M Geller
Department of Pharmacology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Neurochem 78:265-75. 2001..These observations suggest the use of antioxidant therapies to reduce neurotoxicity in AraC chemotherapeutic regimens...
- Induction of neuronal apoptosis by camptothecin, an inhibitor of DNA topoisomerase-I: evidence for cell cycle-independent toxicityE J Morris
Department of Pharmacology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway 08854, USA
J Cell Biol 134:757-70. 1996..We suggest a model based on transcriptionally mediated DNA damage, a novel mechanism of action of topo-I poisons...
- Mechanisms of astrocyte-directed neurite guidanceE M Powell
Department of Pharmacology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 675 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Cell Tissue Res 290:385-93. 1997..In addition, several in vitro models suggest that other cell surface molecules are utilized by restrictive astrocytes to direct neurite trajectories...
- Protein kinase C mediates neurite guidance at an astrocyte boundaryE M Powell
Department of Pharmacology, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 675 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Glia 33:288-97. 2001..Thus, phorbol-ester-sensitive PKC isoforms direct the guidance of neurites by astrocyte-derived matrix molecules...
- A distinct subset of tenascin/CS-6-PG-rich astrocytes restricts neuronal growth in vitroS Meiners
Department of Pharmacology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway 08854, USA
J Neurosci 15:8096-108. 1995..These data support a critical role for matrix-bound chondroitin-6-sulfate-containing proteoglycans. We hypothesize that rocky astrocytes represent a subtype of cells which form barriers to neuronal growth during cortical development...
- L-dopa cytotoxicity to PC12 cells in culture is via its autoxidationA N Basma
Department of Pharmacology, University of Medicine and Dentistry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854
J Neurochem 64:825-32. 1995..Furthermore, these findings suggest that patients on long-term L-DOPA therapy are potentially at risk from the toxic intermediates formed as a result of its autoxidation...
- Neurite outgrowth promotion by the alternatively spliced region of tenascin-C is influenced by cell-type specific bindingS Meiners
Department of Pharmacology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Matrix Biol 18:75-87. 1999..Therefore, the function of tenascin-C and its various domains must be considered in terms of cellular context...
- Calcium homeostasis in dissociated embryonic neurons: a flow cytometric analysisJ P Grierson
Department of Pharmacology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Graduate School, Rutgers University, Piscataway 08854
J Neurophysiol 67:704-14. 1992..Although only a proportion of embryonic day 17 neurons exhibit voltage-sensitive calcium channels, all neurons have developed the ability to sequester and extrude Ca2+...