Sharon L Gardner
Affiliation: New York University School of Medicine
- Intensive induction chemotherapy followed by high dose chemotherapy with autologous hematopoietic progenitor cell rescue in young children newly diagnosed with central nervous system atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumorsSharon L Gardner
Department of Pediatrics, New York University, New York, New York 10016, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:235-40. 2008..Historically, surgery and standard dose chemotherapy have resulted in a median survival of 8.5 months from diagnosis...
- High-dose carboplatin, thiotepa, and etoposide with autologous stem cell rescue for patients with previously irradiated recurrent medulloblastomaIra J Dunkel
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Box 185, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Neuro Oncol 12:297-303. 2010..09). This retrieval strategy provides long-term EFS for some patients with previously irradiated recurrent medulloblastoma. The use of additional RT may be associated with better outcome...
- Intensive multimodality therapy for patients with stage 4a metastatic retinoblastomaIra J Dunkel
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 55:55-9. 2010....
- Myeloablative chemotherapy with autologous bone marrow rescue in children and adolescents with recurrent malignant astrocytoma: outcome compared with conventional chemotherapy: a report from the Children's Oncology GroupJonathan L Finlay
The Children s Center for Cancer and Blood Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:806-11. 2008..Children and adolescents with malignant astrocytomas recurring after initial treatment have a dismal prognosis, with only rare patients surviving 1-year beyond recurrence. The purpose of this study was to attempt to improve their survival...
- Neuropsychological functioning of children treated with intensive chemotherapy followed by myeloablative consolidation chemotherapy and autologous hematopoietic cell rescue for newly diagnosed CNS tumors: an analysis of the Head Start II survivorsStephen A Sands
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 54:429-36. 2010..To evaluate the neuropsychological late effects amongst survivors treated on the Head Start II protocol between 1997 and 2003...
- The prognostic value of tumor markers in newly diagnosed patients with primary central nervous system germ cell tumorsAerang Kim
New York University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:768-73. 2008....
- Application of stem cell transplant for brain tumorsSharon L Gardner
New York University, New York, NY, USA
Pediatr Transplant 8:28-32. 2004..High dose chemotherapy with ASCR is a foundation upon which many different types of therapies can be built. Several possibilities include the use of anti-angiogenesis agents, monoclonal antibodies and biologic response modifiers...
- Feasibility and response to induction chemotherapy intensified with high-dose methotrexate for young children with newly diagnosed high-risk disseminated medulloblastomaSusan N Chi
Division of Pediatric Oncology, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:4881-7. 2004..To evaluate the feasibility of and response rate to an intensified induction chemotherapy regimen for young children with newly diagnosed high-risk or disseminated medulloblastomas...
- High-dose chemotherapy with autologous stem-cell rescue in the treatment of patients with recurrent non-cerebellar primitive neuroectodermal tumorsAlberto Broniscer
Children s Cancer Group New York University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 42:261-7. 2004..XSWe tested the efficacy of high-dose chemotherapy (HDC) followed by autologous stem-cell rescue (ASCR) in this setting...
- Utility of MRI versus tumor markers for post-treatment surveillance of marker-positive CNS germ cell tumorsVictoria Cheung
NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Neurooncol 129:541-4. 2016..We conclude that in patients with marker-positive CNS germ cell tumors who achieve complete remission, continued surveillance imaging in addition to measurement of tumor markers is indicated to detect recurrences. ..
- Late effects in survivors of childhood CNS tumors treated on Head Start I and II protocolsAniket Saha
New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, New York
Pediatr Blood Cancer 61:1644-52; quiz 1653-72. 2014..While survival outcomes have improved, late effects data in survivors treated on such regimens are needed...
- Preoperative chemotherapy to salvage the hand in a case of giant infantile hemangiopericytomaLisa F Schneider
Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery and the Division of Pediatric Oncology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Hand Surg Am 35:995-8. 2010..Chemotherapy resulted in a decrease in tumor size, allowing for salvage of most of the hand and fingers. Preoperative chemotherapy should be considered in the care of HPC tumors involving the upper extremity in children...