Affiliation: New Jersey
- Diagnosis and management of adult onset Still's diseaseP Efthimiou
Department of Medicine, New Jersey Medical School, UMDNJ, Newark, NJ 07101, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 65:564-72. 2006..Adult onset Still's disease (AOSD) is a rare systemic inflammatory disorder of unknown aetiology that is responsible for a significant proportion of cases of fever of unknown origin and can also have serious musculoskeletal sequelae...
- Possible role for tumour necrosis factor inhibitors in the treatment of resistant dermatomyositis and polymyositis: a retrospective study of eight patientsP Efthimiou
Division of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 65:1233-6. 2006..To understand the use of tumour necrosis factor (TNF)alpha inhibitors in refractory dermatomyositis and polymyositis in an academic centre...
- Pathogenesis and management of adult-onset Still's diseasePetros Efthimiou
New Jersey Medical School, UMDNJ, Newark, NJ, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 36:144-52. 2006..To review recent literature regarding the pathogenesis and treatment of adult-onset Still's disease (AOSD)...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha in inflammatory myopathies: pathophysiology and therapeutic implicationsPetros Efthimiou
Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 36:168-72. 2006....
- Adult-onset Still's disease: can recent advances in our understanding of its pathogenesis lead to targeted therapy?Petros Efthimiou
Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Rheumatology, New Jersey Medical School, and Rheumatology Clinic, University Hospital, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Nat Clin Pract Rheumatol 3:328-35. 2007..Recent advances in basic immunology have enhanced our ability to hinder the pathogenic mechanisms associated with adult-onset Still's disease and have led to a paradigm shift where targeted treatments have an increasingly important role...
- Adult-onset Still's disease: pathogenesis, clinical manifestations and therapeutic advancesApostolos Kontzias
Department of Medicine, Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center, New York, New York 10451, USA
Drugs 68:319-37. 2008..Further progress has been hampered by the rarity and heterogeneity of the disease, which has not permitted the execution of randomized controlled studies...
- Isolated severe vasculitic neuropathy revealing sarcoidosisNizar Souayah
Department of Neurosciences, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, USA
Lancet Neurol 7:756-60. 2008
- Role of biological agents in immune-mediated inflammatory diseasesPetros Efthimiou
Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
South Med J 98:192-204. 2005..Their role is currently being defined in other autoimmune disorders such as uveitis, sarcoidosis, interstitial lung disease, vasculitis, inflammatory myopathies, graft-versus-host disease, and Sjögren syndrome...
- T cell activation causes diarrhea by increasing intestinal permeability and inhibiting epithelial Na+/K+-ATPaseMark W Musch
The Martin Boyer Laboratories, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Clin Invest 110:1739-47. 2002..T cell activation induces luminal fluid accumulation by increasing mucosal permeability and reducing epithelial Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase activity leading to decreased intestinal Na(+) and water absorption...