Affiliation: New York University
- The Role of Twelve-Step-Related Spirituality in Addiction RecoveryHelen Dermatis
Division of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, Department of Psychiatry, The Center for Spirituality and Healthcare, NYU School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY, 10016, USA
J Relig Health 55:510-21. 2016..Feeling God's presence daily, believing in a higher power as a universal spirit, and serving as an AA sponsor were all predictive of positive outcomes. ..
- The role of social cohesion among residents in a therapeutic communityH Dermatis
Division of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, Department of Psychiatry, New York University Medical School Bellevue Hospital Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 21:105-10. 2001..These findings are interpreted in relation to the goals of the TC process and to implications for treatment...
- An exploratory study of spiritual orientation and adaptation to therapeutic community treatmentHelen Dermatis
Department of Psychiatry, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Addict Dis 29:306-13. 2010....
- Modified therapeutic community treatment for homeless dually diagnosed men. Who completes treatment?D Mierlak
Department of Psychiatry, New York University Medical Center, New York, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 15:117-21. 1998..Findings are discussed in terms of their similarities and differences to findings from traditional therapeutic communities for the singly diagnosed...
- Homelessness and mental illness in a professional- and peer-led cocaine treatment clinicM Galanter
Department of Psychiatry, New York University Medical Center, Nathan Kline Institute, New York 10016, USA
Psychiatr Serv 49:533-5. 1998..The results support the feasibility of a cocaine abuse treatment model combining professional and peer leadership...