Affiliation: New Jersey
- Systemic inflammatory response does not correlate with acute lung injury associated with mechanical ventilation strategies in normal lungsCaron M Hong
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Maryland, 22 S Greene St, S11C, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Anesth Analg 115:118-21. 2012..There is controversy regarding the associated systemic inflammatory response. In this report, we demonstrate the effects of MV on systemic inflammation...
- Sevoflurane provides earlier tracheal extubation and assessment of cognitive recovery than isoflurane in patients undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass surgeryEllise Delphin
Department of Anesthesiology, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07101, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 21:690-5. 2007....
- Teaching and evaluating group competency in systems-based practice in anesthesiologyEllise Delphin
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
Anesth Analg 106:1837-43. 2008..We developed a method to teach systems-based practice with collaborative team projects. The outcome was assessed with a tool that focused on group attributes...
- A prospective controlled study to determine the blood propofol concentration in anesthesiologists exposed to propofol vapor in the expired gases of patients receiving propofol-based intravenous sedationMing Xiong
Department of Anesthesiology, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
J Clin Anesth 23:549-51. 2011..To determine the blood propofol concentration of anesthesiologists who were exposed to the expired gases of patients receiving propofol-based intravenous (IV) sedation...
- Successful intraoperative use of recombinant tissue plasminogen activator during liver transplantation complicated by massive intracardiac/pulmonary thrombosisDouglas Jackson
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 07101, USA
Anesth Analg 102:724-8. 2006..The patient was ultimately discharged to home. We report the successful intraoperative resuscitation of a patient with acute intracardiac/intravascular thrombosis during an orthotopic liver transplantation using thrombolytic therapy...
- Distraction with a hand-held video game reduces pediatric preoperative anxietyAnuradha Patel
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07101, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 16:1019-27. 2006..Studies on the effect of cognitive distraction during the preoperative period are lacking. We evaluated the efficacy of an interactive distraction, a hand-held video game (VG) in reducing preoperative anxiety in children...
- A prospective study of bispectral index scoring in mentally retarded patients receiving general anesthesiaRex N Ponnudurai
Department of Anesthesiology, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
J Clin Anesth 22:432-6. 2010..To determine whether degree of mental retardation (MR) affects bispectral index scale (BIS) scores during general anesthesia...
- Intra-ventrolateral preoptic nucleus injection of γ-aminobutyric acid induces sedation in ratsMing Xiong
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School Newark, NJ, USA
Int J Physiol Pathophysiol Pharmacol 4:94-8. 2012..By contrast, no appreciable change was observed in rats that received intra-VLPO infusion of glycine. This result demonstrates that exogenous GABA may activate sleep-active neurons in the VLPO and promote sedation...