Doris F Chang
Affiliation: New School University
- Shenjing shuairuo and the DSM-IV: diagnosis, distress, and disability in a Chinese primary care settingDoris F Chang
Ohio University, USA
Transcult Psychiatry 42:204-18. 2005..Within the Chinese context, shenjing shuairuo describes a heterogeneous group with clinically significant levels of disturbance and disability...
- Prevalence and demographic correlates of intimate partner violence in Asian AmericansDoris F Chang
Department of Psychology, New School for Social Research, 80 Fifth Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10011, United States
Int J Law Psychiatry 32:167-75. 2009..S.-born. Results suggest the need for additional research to examine the interactions between gender, ethnicity, and acculturation to develop group-specific models of IPV risk and resilience within diverse Asian American groups...
- Ethnic minority clients' perceptions of the significance of race in cross-racial therapy relationshipsDoris F Chang
Department of Psychology, New School for Social Research, 80 Fifth Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10011, USA
Psychother Res 21:567-82. 2011..Results suggest that participants' constructions of race are multidimensional and support recommendations that therapists acquire skills for addressing racial perceptions that may impact the therapy relationship...
- Beliefs about wife beating: an exploratory study with Lebanese studentsNadine Obeid
Department of Psychology, The New School for Social Research, 80 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10011, USA
Violence Against Women 16:691-712. 2010..Consistent with feminist theories of wife abuse, gender and attitudes toward women's roles emerged as the strongest predictors of beliefs about wife beating...
- Methodological challenges in treatment outcome research with ethnic minoritiesAnna S Lau
Department of Psychology, University of California, CA, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 16:573-80. 2010..We then highlight the promise of other methods of inquiry to expand the science on mental health treatment with ethnic minorities...
- An introduction to the politics of science: culture, race, ethnicity, and the Supplement to the Surgeon General's Report on Mental HealthDoris F Chang
Department of Psychology, Ohio University, Athens 45701, USA
Cult Med Psychiatry 27:373-83. 2003
- Prevalence and illness beliefs of sleep paralysis among Chinese psychiatric patients in China and the United StatesAlbert Yeung
Depression Clinical and Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University, USA
Transcult Psychiatry 42:135-45. 2005..Sleep paralysis is common among Chinese psychiatric out-patients. The endorsement of supernatural explanations for SP is rare among contemporary Chinese patients...