Affiliation: New York University
- Draft genome sequence of the sexually transmitted pathogen Trichomonas vaginalisJane M Carlton
Institute for Genomic Research, 9712 Medical Research Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Science 315:207-12. 2007..The genome sequence predicts previously unknown functions for the hydrogenosome, which support a common evolutionary origin of this unusual organelle with mitochondria...
- Predicting malaria interactome classifications from time-course transcriptomic data along the intraerythrocytic developmental cycleAntonina Mitrofanova
Computer Science Department, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University, 715 Broadway, New York, NY 10003, USA
Artif Intell Med 49:167-76. 2010....
- Host switch leads to emergence of Plasmodium vivax malaria in humansJianbing Mu
Laboratory of Malaria and Vector Research, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Mol Biol Evol 22:1686-93. 2005..Taken together, a haplotype network, parasite migration patterns, demographic history, and cophylogeny mapping support an Asian origin via a host switch from macaque monkeys...
- The genome of model malaria parasites, and comparative genomicsJane Carlton
The Institute for Genomic Research, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Curr Issues Mol Biol 7:23-37. 2005..This is a stimulating time for comparative genomics of model and human malaria parasites, which promises to produce useful results for the development of antimalarial drugs and vaccines...
- Fast algorithms for large-scale genome alignment and comparisonArthur L Delcher
Department of Computer Science, Loyola College in Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21210, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 30:2478-83. 2002..The system code is being made freely available by the authors...
- The Plasmodium vivax genome sequencing projectJane Carlton
The Institute for Genomic Research, 9712 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Trends Parasitol 19:227-31. 2003..Here, an update on the Plasmodium vivax genome sequencing project is presented, as part of the Trends in Parasitology series of reviews expanding on various aspects of P. vivax research...
- Gene synteny and chloroquine resistance in Plasmodium chabaudiPaul Hunt
Institute of Cell, Animal and Population Biology, University of Edinburgh, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JT, Scotland, UK
Mol Biochem Parasitol 136:157-64. 2004..The genetic order of the markers in P. chabaudi is co-linear with the physical linkage represented in the P. falciparum genome database. The findings provide evidence for extensive conservation of synteny between the two species...
- Relapses of Plasmodium vivax infection usually result from activation of heterologous hypnozoitesMallika Imwong
Department of Clinical Tropical Medicine, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Infect Dis 195:927-33. 2007..Thus, reappearance of parasitemia after treatment can result from relapse, recrudescence, or reinfection. It has been assumed that parasites causing relapse would be a subset of the parasites that caused the primary infection...
- Evidence-based annotation of the malaria parasite's genome using comparative expression profilingYingyao Zhou
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation, San Diego, California, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1570. 2008..These data also provide a foundation for further studies of transcriptional regulation in malaria parasites...
- Shotgun Sequencing of the Trichomonas Vaginalis GenomeJane Carlton; Fiscal Year: 2003..A publically accessible, user-friendly web site will be created for access to the genome and EST data during the project, and for access to the final finished genome sequence and annotation at the conclusion of the project. ..
- "Vivax Malaria Research: 2005 and Beyond"Jane Carlton; Fiscal Year: 2005..vivax with P. falciparum, epidemiology and diversity studies, vectors and transmission dynamics, and a bioinformatics workshop for researchers and students to learn to manipulate Plasmodium sequence data. ..
- Comparative Evolutionary Genomics and Infectious DiseaseJane Carlton; Fiscal Year: 2010....