Affiliation: New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Brachytherapy improves outcomes in young men (≤60 years) with prostate cancer: A SEER analysisHani Ashamalla
Department of Radiation Oncology, NewYork Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, Brooklyn, NY Electronic address
Brachytherapy . 2017....
- Phase I trial of vertebral intracavitary cement and samarium (VICS): novel technique for treatment of painful vertebral metastasisHani Ashamalla
Department of Radiation Oncology, New York Methodist Hospital, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, 506 6th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11215, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:836-42. 2009..A standard dose of 1 mCi/kg is administrated intravenously. The present study was conducted to determine the feasibility of intravertebral administration of (153)Sm with kyphoplasty...
- Acupuncture for the alleviation of hot flashes in men treated with androgen ablation therapyHani Ashamalla
Radiation Oncology Department, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 79:1358-63. 2011..Hot flashes are common side effect due to androgen ablation therapy (AAT). The utility of acupuncture for hot flashes in men has not been thoroughly studied. We prospectively studied the effect of acupuncture in men with hot flashes...
- Percutaneous tumor curettage and interstitial delivery of samarium-153 coupled with kyphoplasty for treatment of vertebral metastasesErico R Cardoso
Department of Surgery, New York Methodist Hospital and Weill Medical Center, Cornell University, Brooklyn, New York 11215, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 10:336-42. 2009....
- The impact of positron emission tomography/computed tomography in edge delineation of gross tumor volume for head and neck cancersHani Ashamalla
Department of Radiation Oncology, New York Methodist Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:388-95. 2007..To study anatomic biologic contouring (ABC), using a previously described distinct halo, to unify volume contouring methods in treatment planning for head and neck cancers...
- Case series analysis of post-brachytherapy prostate edema and its relevance to post-implant dosimetry. Post-implant prostate edema and dosimetryAjay Tejwani
New York Methodist Hospital, Brooklyn, New York
J Contemp Brachytherapy 4:75-80. 2012..We evaluated the post-operative pattern of prostate volume (PV) changes following prostate brachytherapy (PB) and analyzed variables which affect swelling...
- The role of PET/CT in decreasing inter-observer variability in treatment planning and evaluation of response for cervical cancerAjay Tejwani
Department of Radiation Oncology, New York Methodist Hospital Brooklyn, New York, USA
Am J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 2:307-13. 2012..PET/CT has the ability to quantify treatment response using anatomic biologic value...
- Understanding the views of those who care for patients with cancer on advance care planning and end-of-life careMalcolm D Mattes
Department of Radiation Oncology, New York Methodist Hospital, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 32:802-9. 2015..Greater than 90% believed these discussions should best occur when a patient is thought to have one or more years to live and 80% thought they are best initiated in the outpatient setting. ..
- Rectal melanoma: epidemiology, prognosis, and role of adjuvant radiation therapyLeila Tchelebi
Department of Radiation Oncology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York Methodist Hospital, 506 Sixth Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11215, USA
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 142:2569-2575. 2016..While cases are rising, data concerning effective management are limited. The present paper sought to elucidate the epidemiology and prognosis of RM, while also analyzing the role of adjuvant radiation therapy (RT)...
- A Predictive Model for Lymph Node Involvement with Malignancy on PET/CT in Non-Small-Cell Lung CancerMalcolm D Mattes
Department of Radiation Oncology, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia Departments of Radiology and Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York Department of Radiation Oncology, New York Methodist Hospital, Brooklyn, New York and Departments of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
J Thorac Oncol 10:1207-12. 2015..The goal of this retrospective study was to determine the tumor and imaging characteristics independently associated with malignant involvement of LNs visualized on positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT)...
- The incidence of pelvic and para-aortic lymph node metastasis in uterine papillary serous and clear cell carcinoma according to the SEER registryMalcolm D Mattes
Department of Radiation Oncology, West Virginia University, Mograntown, WV, USA
J Gynecol Oncol 26:19-24. 2015....
- The dosimetric effects of photon energy on the quality of prostate volumetric modulated arc therapyMalcolm D Mattes
Department of Radiation Oncology, New York Methodist Hospital, Brooklyn, New York Electronic address
Pract Radiat Oncol 4:e39-44. 2014..With the advent of newer radiation delivery systems like volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT), the impact of changing photon energy is readdressed...
- Routine histopathologic characteristics can predict oncotype DX(TM) recurrence score in subsets of breast cancer patientsMalcolm D Mattes
Radiation Oncology Department, NY Methodist Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Brooklyn, New York, USA, 1
Cancer Invest 31:604-6. 2013..001). A high RS was least likely for low-grade tumors (0% had high RS, p = .005), and strong PR positivity (9% had high RS, p = .017). A low RS was least likely for cancers that were both high grade and PR weak/negative. ..
- The contribution of integrated PET/CT to the evolving definition of treatment volumes in radiation treatment planning in lung cancerHani Ashamalla
Department of Radiation Oncology, New York Methodist Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Brooklyn, NY 11215, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:1016-23. 2005....