Affiliation: Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Reducing variation in the use of inhaled nitric oxideJanet M Simsic
The Heart Center
Pediatrics 133:e1753-8. 2014..Our objective was to implement standardized initiation and weaning guidelines for iNO usage in the cardiothoracic ICU (CTICU) to reduce variation in use while maintaining quality patient care...
- Management strategies after cardiac surgery in an infant with human rhinovirusJanet Simsic
Department of Cardiology, The Heart Center, Nationwide Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH, 43205, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 34:1922-4. 2013....
- Pain management after comprehensive stage 2 repair for hypoplastic left heart syndromeAymen N Naguib
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Nationwide Children s Hospital and The Ohio State University, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 34:52-8. 2013..The preliminary data suggest that improvements in pain management should be investigated given that more than 30 % of the pain scores in the CS2 group were in the moderate to severe range compared with 18 % after the Glenn procedure...
- A single-center strategy to minimize blood transfusion in neonates and children undergoing cardiac surgeryAymen N Naguib
Department of Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA The Heart Center, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 25:477-86. 2015..Our practices in caring for this population have become our standard practice for managing all patients undergoing congenital cardiac surgery...
- Improving Surveillance and Prevention of Surgical Site Infection in Pediatric Cardiac SurgeryMelissa Cannon
Melissa Cannon is an advanced nurse practitioner, Diane Hersey is a nurse clinician, Sheilah Harrison is a quality coordinator, Brian Joy is a cardiologist, Aymen Naguib is a cardiac anesthesiologist, Mark Galantowicz is a cardiac surgeon, and Janet Simsic is a cardiologist, The Heart Center, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
Am J Crit Care 25:e30-7. 2016..Postoperative cardiovascular surgical site infections are preventable events that may lead to increased morbidity, mortality, and health care costs...
- Pain management after surgery for single-ventricle palliation using the hybrid approachAymen N Naguib
Department of Anesthesiology, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 33:1104-8. 2012..Fentanyl requirements were lower in patients who achieved early tracheal extubation as well as those who received dexmedetomidine...