Barbara L Gracious
Affiliation: Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Vitamin D deficiency and psychotic features in mentally ill adolescents: a cross-sectional studyBarbara L Gracious
Center for Innovation in Pediatric Practice, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital and The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
BMC Psychiatry 12:38. 2012..Low levels of vitamin D are associated with depression, seasonal affective disorder, and schizophrenia in adults, but little is known about vitamin D and mental health in the pediatric population...
- Antidepressant Exposure and Risk of Fracture Among Medicaid-Covered YouthBarbara L Gracious
Nationwide Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Dr, J West 4923, Columbus, OH 43205
J Clin Psychiatry 77:e950-6. 2016..This study examines the association between antidepressant use and risk of fracture in depressed youth and assesses whether fracture incidence varies over the course of antidepressant treatment...
- The importance of taking a history of over-the-counter medication use: a brief review and case illustration of "PRN" antihistamine dependence in a hospitalized adolescentBARBARA GRACIOUS
Department of Psychiatry, Nationwide Children s Hospital The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 20:521-4. 2010..General strategies for combating OTC and prescription abuse are given...
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity in adolescents with severe mental illness: a cross-sectional chart reviewBarbara L Gracious
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, 300 Crittenden Blvd, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:949-54. 2010..We examined the prevalence and risk of overweight and obesity in adolescents with serious mental disorders...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of flax oil in pediatric bipolar disorderBarbara L Gracious
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center Strong Memorial Hospital, Laboratory for Mood Disorders in Children and Adolescents, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Bipolar Disord 12:142-54. 2010..This clinical trial evaluated whether supplementation with flax oil, containing the omega-3 fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid (alpha-LNA), safely reduced symptom severity in youth with bipolar disorder...