Zhi Bin Tong
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Developmental expression and subcellular localization of mouse MATER, an oocyte-specific protein essential for early developmentZhi Bin Tong
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1862, USA
Endocrinology 145:1427-34. 2004..The presence of MATER protein in mitochondria and nucleoli suggests that it may participate in both cytoplasmic and nuclear events during early development...
- A human homologue of mouse Mater, a maternal effect gene essential for early embryonic developmentZhi Bin Tong
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Reprod 17:903-11. 2002..Mater is a maternal effect gene required for early embryonic development in mice, and its protein serves as an autoantigen in a mouse model of autoimmune premature ovarian failure...
- Five mutations of mitochondrial DNA polymerase-gamma (POLG) are not a prevalent etiology for spontaneous 46,XX primary ovarian insufficiencyZhi Bin Tong
Intramural Research Program on Reproductive and Adult Endocrinology, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1103, USA
Fertil Steril 94:2932-4. 2010..Of 201 women with 46,XX sPOI analyzed, we found only one case (0.5%, 95% confidence interval 0-3%) of heterozygosity for a POLG mutation, suggesting that this is not a common genetic etiology for this form of infertility...
- Investigation of the human stem cell factor KIT ligand gene, KITLG, in women with 46,XX spontaneous premature ovarian failureEmily S Hui
Section on Women s Health Research, Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Fertil Steril 85:1502-7. 2006..This ligand-receptor interaction is known to play important roles in mouse germ cell migration and proliferation...
- Effect of vitrification and thawing on human oocyte ATP concentrationSomjate Manipalviratn
Reproductive Biology and Medicine Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1109, USA
Fertil Steril 95:1839-41. 2011..Vitrification/thawing has a significant negative impact on oocyte ATP concentration. However, incubating oocytes up to 180 minutes after thawing allowed oocytes to regain some ATP level...