Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Longitudinal outcome of youth oppositionality: irritable, headstrong, and hurtful behaviors have distinctive predictionsArgyris Stringaris
Genetic Epidemiology Research Branch, Intramural Research Program, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 2670USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 48:404-12. 2009..We test the hypothesis that oppositionality encompasses an Irritable, a Headstrong, and a Hurtful dimension, each with distinct predictions...
- Adult outcomes of youth irritability: a 20-year prospective community-based studyArgyris Stringaris
Section on Bipolar Spectrum Disorders, Emotion and Development Branch, Mood and Anxiety Program, NIMH Bldg 15K, MSC 2670, Bethesda, MD 20892 2670, USA
Am J Psychiatry 166:1048-54. 2009..This study examines the extent to which youth irritability is related to adult psychiatric outcomes by testing the hypothesis that it predicts depressive and generalized anxiety disorders...
- Irritability in child and adolescent anxiety disordersJoel Stoddard
Section on Bipolar Spectrum Disorders, Emotion and Development Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland
Depress Anxiety 31:566-73. 2014..In anxious youths, little is known about the severity of irritability, its impact on functioning, or the effect of informant source on reports of irritability...
- The Affective Reactivity Index: a concise irritability scale for clinical and research settingsArgyris Stringaris
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Denmark Hill, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 53:1109-17. 2012....
- A developmental study of the neural circuitry mediating motor inhibition in bipolar disorderJudah D Weathers
Section on Bipolar Spectrum Disorders, Emotion and Development Branch, NIMH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Psychiatry 169:633-41. 2012..The authors compared the neural circuitry mediating this process in bipolar youths relative to bipolar adults and in healthy volunteers...
- Developmental trajectories of irritability and bidirectional associations with maternal depressionJillian Lee Wiggins
National Institute of Mental Health NIMH, Emotion and Development Branch, Section on Bipolar Spectrum Disorders, Bethesda, Md Electronic address
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 53:1191-205, 1205.e1-4. 2014....
- Pediatric bipolar disorder versus severe mood dysregulation: risk for manic episodes on follow-upArgyris Stringaris
National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:397-405. 2010....