Abdul R Shaikh
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Psychosocial predictors of fruit and vegetable consumption in adults a review of the literatureAbdul R Shaikh
Health Communication and Informatics Research Branch, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7335, USA
Am J Prev Med 34:535-543. 2008..Understanding the psychological determinants of fruit and vegetable intake is needed to design effective intervention programs...
- Direct and mediated effects of two theoretically based interventions to increase consumption of fruits and vegetables in the Healthy Body Healthy Spirit trialAbdul R Shaikh
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7326, USA
Health Educ Behav 38:492-501. 2011..Conversely, SS, SE, and CM were not significant mediators. Implications related to theory and intervention development are discussed...
- Grid-enabled measures: using Science 2.0 to standardize measures and share dataRichard P Moser
National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Boulevard, Bethesda, MD 20892 7365, USA
Am J Prev Med 40:S134-43. 2011..e., knowledge categories and the relationships among these categories--for data sharing)...
- Realizing the promise of Web 2.0: engaging community intelligenceBradford W Hesse
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Health Commun 16:10-31. 2011..Changes in the clinical environment, as catalyzed by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act to take advantage of Health 2.0 principles in evidence-based ways, are also considered...
- Accuracy and precision of two short screeners to assess change in fruit and vegetable consumption among diverse populations participating in health promotion intervention trialsKaren E Peterson
Program in Public Health Nutrition, Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Nutr 138:218S-225S. 2008..Biases in FVS estimates may reflect participants' lifestyles and sociodemographic characteristics and require further examination in longitudinal samples representative of diverse populations...
- Tailoring a fruit and vegetable intervention on novel motivational constructs: results of a randomized studyKen Resnicow
School of Public Health, Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan, 109 Observatory Street, Room 3867 SPH I, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Ann Behav Med 35:159-69. 2008..Tailored health communications to date have been based on a rather narrow set of theoretical constructs...