Max A Seibold
Affiliation: National Jewish Medical and Research Center
- Differential enzymatic activity of common haplotypic versions of the human acidic Mammalian chitinase proteinMax A Seibold
Department of Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 284:19650-8. 2009..The structural, kinetic, and genetic data regarding the AMCase isoforms are consistent with the Th2-priming effects of environmental chitin and a role for AMCase in negatively regulating this stimulus...
- An african-specific functional polymorphism in KCNMB1 shows sex-specific association with asthma severityMax A Seibold
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 2911, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:2681-90. 2008..Female asthmatics may be insulated from the deleterious effects of the 818T allele by estrogen-mediated upregulation in BK channel activity...
- Chitotriosidase is the primary active chitinase in the human lung and is modulated by genotype and smoking habitMax A Seibold
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 122:944-950.e3. 2008..Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) and chitotriosidase (CHIT1) have chitinolytic activity, but relatively little is known about their expression in human asthma...
- Dissecting complex diseases in complex populations: asthma in latino americansShweta Choudhry
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 2911, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 4:226-33. 2007....
- The H antigen at epithelial surfaces is associated with susceptibility to asthma exacerbationAnh L Innes
The Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 183:189-94. 2011..Acute asthma exacerbations, precipitated by viral infections, are a significant cause of morbidity, but not all patients with asthma are equally susceptible...
- Expression of cilium-associated genes defines novel molecular subtypes of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisIvana V Yang
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Thorax 68:1114-21. 2013..We hypothesised that gene expression profiles of lung tissue may identify molecular subtypes of disease that could classify subtypes of IPF/UIP that have clinical implications...