P S Rose
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Thoracolumbar spinal abnormalities in Stickler syndromeP S Rose
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:403-9. 2001..Retrospective review of clinical and radiographic records of patients with Stickler syndrome...
- Osseous anatomy of the lumbosacral spine in Marfan syndromeP D Sponseller
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins University, The Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:2797-802. 2000..Those with dural ectasia demonstrate increased bony erosion of anterior and posterior elements of lumbosacral spine. Preoperative planning and routine computed tomography scans are recommended when operating on Marfan lumbosacral spine...
- The lumbar interpediculate distance is widened in adults with the Marfan syndrome: data from 32 casesN U Ahn
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Acta Orthop Scand 72:67-71. 2001..The IPD at L4 is a good criterion for Marfan with specificity of 95% and sensitivity of 75%. One must consider using this as a skeletal criterion or a screening tool for Marfan...
- The hip in Stickler syndromeP S Rose
Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 21:657-63. 2001..Young patients require careful evaluation of hip pain, and regular screening of children with Stickler syndrome may be indicated for early detection of hip complications...
- Early failure associated with the use of Hylamer-M spacers in three primary AMK total knee arthroplastiesN U Ahn
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Arthroplasty 16:136-9. 2001..Given these cases and the previous literature on early failure of hip arthroplasties with Hylamer inserts, we recommend caution in using Hylamer for knee arthroplasty surgery...
- Dural ectasia and conventional radiography in the Marfan lumbosacral spineN U Ahn
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
Skeletal Radiol 30:338-45. 2001..Conventional radiography can detect dural ectasia in patients with Marfan syndrome with a very high specificity (91.7%) but a low sensitivity (57.1%)...