William T Riley
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Development of a dynamic computational model of social cognitive theoryWilliam T Riley
Behavioral Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD, USA
Transl Behav Med 6:483-495. 2016..Dynamic modeling approaches provide a rigorous method for advancing health behavior theory development and refinement and for guiding the development of more potent and efficient interventions...
- Rapid, responsive, relevant (R3) research: a call for a rapid learning health research enterpriseWilliam T Riley
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Clin Transl Med 2:10. 2013..These and other approaches are feasible but require a culture shift among the research community to value not only methodological rigor, but also the pace and relevance of research...
- Overview of the Consortium of Hospitals Advancing Research on Tobacco (CHART)William T Riley
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, 6701 Rockledge Drive, MSC 7936, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Trials 13:122. 2012..The CHART projects will assess the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of smoking cessation interventions initiated during hospitalization and continued post-discharge...
- Application of the National Institutes of Health Patient-reported Outcome Measurement Information System (PROMIS) to mental health researchWilliam T Riley
PROMIS Cooperative Group and National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Ment Health Policy Econ 14:201-8. 2011....
- Internet and mobile phone text messaging intervention for college smokersWilliam Riley
NIMH, Bethesda, MD 20892 9615, USA
J Am Coll Health 57:245-8. 2008..The authors developed a smoking cessation program using mobile phone text messaging to provide tailored and stage-specific messages to college smokers...
- A computer device to deliver behavioral interventions for insomniaWilliam T Riley
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, 6701 Rockledge Dr, MSC 7936, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Behav Sleep Med 8:2-15. 2010....
- Patient-reported outcomes measurement information system (PROMIS) domain names and definitions revisions: further evaluation of content validity in IRT-derived item banksWilliam T Riley
National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, 6701 Rockledge Dr, MSC 7936, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Qual Life Res 19:1311-21. 2010....
- Virtual reality technologies for research and education in obesity and diabetes: research needs and opportunitiesAbby G Ershow
Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 5:212-24. 2011..nih.gov/grants/guide/index.html; Department of Defense: www.tatrc.org)...
- Effects of a Web-based food portion training program on food portion estimationWilliam T Riley
PICS Inc Reston, Virginia, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 39:70-6. 2007..Assess the effects of a prototype computerized food portion tutorial (CFPT)...
- Advancing Cancer Prevention and Behavior Theory in the Era of Big DataAudie A Atienza
ICF, Rockville, MD, USA
J Cancer Prev 21:201-206. 2016..Specific recommendations for harnessing Big Data for cancer prevention and control are offered...
- Enhancing measurement in health outcomes research supported by Agencies within the US Department of Health and Human ServicesBryce B Reeve
Outcomes Research Branch, Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, EPN 4005, 6130 Executive Blvd, MSC 7344, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344, USA
Qual Life Res 16:175-86. 2007....
- Advancing the science of mHealthWendy Nilsen
Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Health Commun 17:5-10. 2012..The mHealth Evidence Workshop and the NIH mHealth Training Institutes were both designed to address and further develop this scientific approach to mHealth...
- Pragmatic measures: what they are and why we need themRussell E Glasgow
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD, USA
Am J Prev Med 45:237-43. 2013..Development and evaluation of pragmatic measures and metrics would provide useful resources to advance science, policy, and practice. ..
- Willingness to Exchange Health Information via Mobile Devices: Findings From a Population-Based SurveyKatrina J Serrano
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD
Ann Fam Med 14:34-40. 2016....
- Evaluation of a PDA-based dietary assessment and intervention program: a randomized controlled trialJeannette M Beasley
Personal Improvement Computer Systems, Inc, Reston, Virginia, USA
J Am Coll Nutr 27:280-6. 2008..To evaluate the capability of DietMatePro, a PDA-based dietary assessment program, to monitor dietary intake and to improve adherence to a dietary regimen...
- College smoking-cessation using cell phone text messagingJami L Obermayer
Personal Improvement Computer Systems, Inc, Reston, Virginia 20191, USA
J Am Coll Health 53:71-8. 2004..The findings provide support for using wireless text messages to deliver potentially effective smoking-cessation behavioral interventions to college students...