Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Gene expression analysis of RNA purified from embryonic stem cells and embryoid body-derived cells using a high-throughput microarray platformAudrey Player
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Curr Protoc Stem Cell Biol . 2007..This unit suggests quality control metrics, summarizes the critical parameters necessary for obtaining reproducible experimental results, and outlines quantitative PCR methods for validating microarray results...
- Comparisons between transcriptional regulation and RNA expression in human embryonic stem cell linesAudrey Player
Advanced Technology Center, Microarray Facility, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Stem Cells Dev 15:315-23. 2006..Collectively, these data provide insight into the relationship between gene expression and transcriptional regulation, resulting in a reliable list of genes associated with hESCs...
- Global expression analysis of prostate cancer-associated stroma and epitheliaAnnely M Richardson
Pathogenetics Unit, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 16:189-97. 2007..These data provide insight into the molecular changes occurring in tumor-associated stromal cells and suggest new potential targets for future diagnostic, imaging, or therapeutic intervention...
- Laser capture microdissection, microarrays and the precise definition of a cancer cellAudrey Player
National Cancer Institute, Advanced Technology Center, Microarray Facility, Gaithersburg, MD 20877, USA
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 4:831-40. 2004..Application of these experimental approaches to cancer studies may permit a more accurate definition of the biology of the cancer cell, so that ultimately, more specific targeted therapies can be developed...
- Inactivation of LLC1 gene in nonsmall cell lung cancerKyeong Man Hong
Laboratory of Population Genetics, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Int J Cancer 120:2353-8. 2007..These results suggest that inactivation of LLC1 by means of promoter methylation is a frequent event in nonsmall cell lung cancer and may play a role in lung tumorigenesis...
- Chromatin remodeling factors and BRM/BRG1 expression as prognostic indicators in non-small cell lung cancerJunya Fukuoka
Laboratory of Population Genetics, Biometric Research Branch, Center for Bioinformatics, Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:4314-24. 2004....
- Three-dimensional mRNA measurements reveal minimal regional heterogeneity in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaWusheng Yan
Pathogenetics Unit, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Am J Pathol 182:529-39. 2013..The present data indicate that, when analyzed using a standard array-based method at this level of histological resolution, ESCC contains little regional mRNA heterogeneity...
- T7-based linear amplification of low concentration mRNA samples using beads and microfluidics for global gene expression measurementsJason G Kralj
National Institute of Standards and Technology, 100 Bureau Dr MS 8313, Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Lab Chip 9:917-24. 2009..Microfluidic IVT introduces no bias to the gene expression profile of the sample and provides more efficient transcription of mRNA sequences present at the single-cell level...
- Identification of TDE2 gene and its expression in non-small cell lung cancerAudrey Player
Laboratory of Population Genetics, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Int J Cancer 107:238-43. 2003..Alternatively, only 2 of 18 tumors and 8 of 14 adjacent nonmalignant bronchiole epithelium regions demonstrated negative to low levels of TDE2 signals...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 differentially regulates the transcriptional activity of the glucocorticoid receptor through phosphorylation: clinical implications for the nervous system response to glucocorticoids and stressTomoshige Kino
Reproductive Biology and Medicine Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:1552-68. 2007..Thus, CDK5 exerts some of its biological activities in neuronal cells through the GR, dynamically modulating GR transcriptional activity in a target promoter-dependent fashion...
- Characterization of mismatch and high-signal intensity probes associated with Affymetrix genechipsYonghong Wang
SAIC Frederick, Inc, NCI Frederick, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Bioinformatics 23:2088-95. 2007..A principal focus of this study was to investigate the nature of the MM signal intensities and demonstrate its contribution to the experimental results...
- Identification of unique expression signatures and therapeutic targets in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaWusheng Yan
Pathogenetics Unit, Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, USA
BMC Res Notes 5:73. 2012..Class comparison and pathway analysis were used to compare NB versus tumor in a search for unique therapeutic targets...
- Nonclassic functions of human topoisomerase I: genome-wide and pharmacologic analysesZe Hong Miao
Laboratories of Molecular Pharmacology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 67:8752-61. 2007..The reported cell lines and approaches described in this article provide new tools to perform detailed functional analyses related to Top1 function...
- Nanotechnology, nanomedicine, and the development of new, effective therapies for cancerErnest S Kawasaki
National Cancer Institute, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
Nanomedicine 1:101-9. 2005..Finally, a new initiative--the National Cancer Institute Alliance for Nanotechnology in Cancer--will be described and discussed with respect to the scientific issues, policies, and funding...
- Dynamic bookmarking of primary response genes by p300 and RNA polymerase II complexesJung S Byun
Laboratory of Receptor Biology and Gene Expression, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:19286-91. 2009....
- Identification of EpCAM as a molecular target of prostate cancer stromaSumana Mukherjee
Pathogenetics Unit, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4605, USA
Am J Pathol 175:2277-87. 2009..Since the stromal compartment may be particularly accessible to vascular-delivered agents, epithelial cell adhesion activating molecule could become a valuable molecular target for imaging or treatment of prostate cancer...
- A preliminary transcriptome map of non-small cell lung cancerTakeshi Fujii
Laboratory of Population Genetics, Center for Cancer Research, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 62:3340-6. 2002..Integrating chromosomal mapping information with gene expression profiles may help reveal novel molecular changes associated with human lung cancer...
- Frequent HIN-1 promoter methylation and lack of expression in multiple human tumor typesIan Krop
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, D740C, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cancer Res 2:489-94. 2004..Thus, silencing of HIN-1 expression and methylation of its promoter occurs in multiple human cancer types, suggesting that elimination of HIN-1 function may contribute to several forms of epithelial tumorigenesis...