L W Pickle
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Current practices in cancer spatial data analysis: a call for guidanceLinda Williams Pickle
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, 6116 Executive Blvd, Suite 504, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Int J Health Geogr 4:3. 2005..Here we provide a summary of discussions about current practices in the spatial analysis of georeferenced cancer data by a panel of experts recently convened at the National Cancer Institute...
- U.S. congressional district cancer death ratesYongping Hao
American Cancer Society, 1599 Clifton Road, NE, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Int J Health Geogr 5:28. 2006..These rates may be useful in communicating to legislators and policy makers about the cancer burden and potential impact of cancer control in their jurisdictions...
- Current practices in spatial analysis of cancer data: mapping health statistics to inform policymakers and the publicB Sue Bell
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, USA
Int J Health Geogr 5:49. 2006..This article focuses on designing maps to communicate effectively. It is based on years of research into the use of health maps for communicating among public health researchers...
- The crossroads of GIS and health information: a workshop on developing a research agenda to improve cancer controlLinda Williams Pickle
Surveillance Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD USA
Int J Health Geogr 5:51. 2006..The goals of this workshop were to build consensus on important policy and research questions, identify roadblocks to future progress in this field, and provide recommendations to overcome these roadblocks...
- Within-state geographic patterns of health insurance coverage and health risk factors in the United StatesLinda Williams Pickle
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 8317, USA
Am J Prev Med 22:75-83. 2002..This study presents maps of within-state patterns of several such factors...
- Exploring spatio-temporal patterns of mortality using mixed effects modelsL W Pickle
National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Stat Med 19:2251-63. 2000..Published in 2000 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd...
- Application of a weighted head-banging algorithm to mortality data mapsM Mungiole
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, 6525 Belcrest Rd, Rm 915, Hyattsville, MD 20782 2003, USA
Stat Med 18:3201-9. 1999..Results are considered in the context of general spatial trends. Published in 1999 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the United States...
- Social context and geographic patterns of homicide among US black and white malesC Cubbin
National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD, USA
Am J Public Health 90:579-87. 2000..This study examined these rates to gain an understanding of the contribution of social context to geographic variability in homicide...
- Exploring spatial patterns of mortality: the new atlas of United States mortalityL W Pickle
NCI DCCPS, 6130 Executive Boulevard, MSC 7344, EPN Rm 313, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Stat Med 18:3211-20. 1999..Published in 1999 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the United States...
- Geographic variation in cardiovascular disease mortality in US blacks and whitesL W Pickle
National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 91:545-56. 1999..This knowledge can be used to help develop appropriate interventions to target these high-rate areas in the Mississippi and Ohio River valleys...
- Spatial analysis of diseaseLinda Williams Pickle
Cancer Treat Res 113:113-50. 2002..In the next chapter, the principles described here will be illustrated...