Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Constitutively active Foxo3 in oocytes preserves ovarian reserve in miceEmanuele Pelosi
Laboratory of Genetics, NIA NIH IRP, 251 Bayview Blvd, room 10B014, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Nat Commun 4:1843. 2013..This is the first gain-of-function model of augmented reproductive reserve in mice, thus emphasizing the role of Foxo3 as a guardian of the ovarian follicle pool in mammals and a potential determinant of the onset of menopause...
- Dynamics of the ovarian reserve and impact of genetic and epidemiological factors on age of menopauseEmanuele Pelosi
Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland
Biol Reprod 92:130. 2015..The identified genetic and epidemiological factors underline the importance of early detection of reproductive problems to enhance possible interventions. ..
- Germ cell formation from embryonic stem cells and the use of somatic cell nuclei in oocytesEmanuele Pelosi
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute on Aging NIH Intramural Research Program, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1221:18-26. 2011..Until full comprehension of these processes is obtained, clinical applications remain remote. Nevertheless, they represent promising tools in the future, enhancing methods of therapeutic cloning and infertility treatment...
- Foxl2 functions in sex determination and histogenesis throughout mouse ovary developmentJose Elias Garcia-Ortiz
Laboratory of Genetics, NIA NIH IRP, Baltimore, MD, USA
BMC Dev Biol 9:36. 2009..g., Rspo1. Here we report expression profiling of mouse ovaries that lack Foxl2 alone or in combination with Wnt4 or Kit/c-Kit...
- Determination and stability of gonadal sexDavid Schlessinger
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute on Aging IRP, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Androl 31:16-25. 2010..A partial working model for somatic development and sex determination is presented in which Sox9 is a direct antagonist of Foxl2 in the supporting cell lineage...
- Loss of Wnt4 and Foxl2 leads to female-to-male sex reversal extending to germ cellsChris Ottolenghi
Laboratory of Genetics, NIA NIH IRP, Baltimore, USA
Hum Mol Genet 16:2795-804. 2007..The data suggest that the relative autonomy of the action of Foxl2, Wnt4 and additional ovarian factor(s) in the mouse should facilitate the dissection of their respective contributions to female sex determination...