Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Thr105Ile, a functional polymorphism of histamine N-methyltransferase, is associated with alcoholism in two independent populationsGabor Oroszi
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 29:303-9. 2005..In two ethnically distinct populations, we tested whether the Thr105Ile polymorphism was associated with alcoholism and with harm avoidance, a dimensional measure of anxious personality...
- Association of SOD2, a mitochondrial antioxidant enzyme, with gray matter volume shrinkage in alcoholicsVibhuti Srivastava
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, NIAAA, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20851, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:1120-8. 2010..The risk/protective effect was observed in alcoholics with lower levels of lifetime alcohol consumption. Highest levels of exposure may overwhelm the protective action of the SOD2 enzyme...
- An expanded evaluation of the relationship of four alleles to the level of response to alcohol and the alcoholism riskXianzhang Hu
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 29:8-16. 2005..One such intermediate phenotype is the low level of response (LR) to alcohol. This project used a case-control approach to search for genes that may contribute to LR...
- COMBINE genetics study: the pharmacogenetics of alcoholism treatment response: genes and mechanismsDavid Goldman
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, NIAAA, NIH, 5625 Fishers Lane, Room 3S32, MSC9412, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
J Stud Alcohol Suppl . 2005..The neurobiology of reward, executive cognitive function, anxiety and dysphoria have been identified as critical domains that may have a genetic basis that could predict treatment response...
- Alcoholism: genes and mechanismsGabor Oroszi
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, NIAAA, NIH, 5625 Fishers Lane, Room 3S32, MSC9412, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Pharmacogenomics 5:1037-48. 2004....
- The genetics of addictions: uncovering the genesDavid Goldman
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Nat Rev Genet 6:521-32. 2005....
- Association of THR105Ile, a functional polymorphism of histamine N-methyltransferase (HNMT), with alcoholism in German CaucasiansMartin Reuter
Department of Psychology, Otto Behaghel Str 10F, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, D 35394 Giessen, Germany
Drug Alcohol Depend 87:69-75. 2007..Following up these results, we tested whether the Thr105Ile polymorphism was associated with alcoholism in German Caucasians...
- An evaluation of mu-opioid receptor (OPRM1) as a predictor of naltrexone response in the treatment of alcohol dependence: results from the Combined Pharmacotherapies and Behavioral Interventions for Alcohol Dependence (COMBINE) studyRaymond F Anton
Center for Drug and Alcohol Programs, Medical University of South Carolina, 67 President St, PO Box 250861, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:135-44. 2008..Naltrexone hydrochloride treatment for alcohol dependence works for some individuals but not for everyone. Asn40Asp, a functional polymorphism of the mu-opioid receptor gene (OPRM1), might predict naltrexone response...