Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- The level of mRNA encoding the amphotropic retrovirus receptor in mouse and human hematopoietic stem cells is low and correlates with the efficiency of retrovirus transductionD Orlic
Hematopoiesis Section, National Center for Human Genome Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4442, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:11097-102. 1996..We conclude that the amphoR mRNA level in HSC correlates with amphotropic retrovirus transduction efficiency...
- Biological properties of subpopulations of pluripotent hematopoietic stem cells enriched by elutriation and flow cytometryD Orlic
Clinical Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Blood Cells 20:107-17; discussion 118-20. 1994..We consider the cells in FR25 Lin- c-kitBR to be the most primitive set of hematopoietic stem cells...
- Transplanted adult bone marrow cells repair myocardial infarcts in miceD Orlic
Hematopoiesis Section, Genetics and Molecular Biology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, NIH, Building 49, Room 3W16, 49 Convent Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 938:221-9; discussion 229-30. 2001..These in vivo findings demonstrate the capacity of highly enriched Lin- c-kit+ adult bone marrow cells to acutely regenerate functional myocardium within an infarcted region...
- Pluripotent hematopoietic stem cells contain high levels of mRNA for c-kit, GATA-2, p45 NF-E2, and c-myb and low levels or no mRNA for c-fms and the receptors for granulocyte colony-stimulating factor and interleukins 5 and 7D Orlic
Hematopoiesis Section, National Center for Human Genome Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:4601-5. 1995..These findings also indicate that GATA-2, p45 NF-E2, and c-myb activities may be involved in PHSC maintenance or proliferation...
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor mobilized peripheral blood stem cells enter into G1 of the cell cycle and express higher levels of amphotropic retrovirus receptor mRNAM E Horwitz
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Exp Hematol 27:1160-7. 1999....
- Interleukin-7R alpha mRNA expression increases as stem cells differentiate into T and B lymphocyte progenitorsD Orlic
Hematopoiesis Section, NHGRI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 4442, USA
Exp Hematol 25:217-22. 1997..Our findings are consistent with the hypothesis that the absence of an intact IL-7R (IL-7R alpha and gamma c) may be a critical loss that interrupts lymphopoiesis...
- Bone marrow cells regenerate infarcted myocardiumD Orlic
Hematopoiesis Section, Genetics and Molecular Biology Branch, NHGRI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Nature 410:701-5. 2001..The developing tissue comprised proliferating myocytes and vascular structures. Our studies indicate that locally delivered bone marrow cells can generate de novo myocardium, ameliorating the outcome of coronary artery disease...
- BM stem cells and cardiac repair: where do we stand in 2004?D Orlic
Cardiovascular Branch, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1454, USA
Cytotherapy 7:3-15. 2005..Only then will it be possible to determine if, and to what extent, BM stem cells are involved in myocardial regeneration and to begin to regulate precisely tissue repair...
- Transplantation of transduced nonhuman primate CD34+ cells using a gibbon ape leukemia virus vector: restricted expression of the gibbon ape leukemia virus receptor to a subset of CD34+ cellsB A Bunnell
Clinical Gene Therapy Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Gene Ther 6:48-56. 1999..Our findings suggest that, in rhesus macaques, PG13-derived retroviral vectors may only be able to transduce a subset of CD34+ cells as only CD34+ Thy-1+ cells express the GaLV receptor...
- Amphotropic or gibbon ape leukemia virus retrovirus binding and transduction correlates with the level of receptor mRNA in human hematopoietic cell linesD E Sabatino
National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4442, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 23:422-33. 1997..We conclude that the improved transduction was a direct effect of the increased levels of receptor mRNA and unrelated to changes in the cell cycle status...
- Adult BM stem cells regenerate mouse myocardiumD Orlic
Genetics and Molecular Biology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cytotherapy 4:521-5. 2002
- Pluripotent hematopoietic stem cells of low and high density can repopulate W/Wv miceD Orlic
Clinical Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Exp Hematol 20:1291-5. 1992..We conclude that PHSC are heterogeneous for cell size and density and that the highest concentration of PHSC resides in the subset of intermediate density present in the FR29/30 fraction...