O A Olivero
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Transplacental effects of 3'-azido-2',3'-dideoxythymidine (AZT): tumorigenicity in mice and genotoxicity in mice and monkeysO A Olivero
Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 4255, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 89:1602-8. 1997..In this study, we assessed the transplacental tumorigenic and genotoxic effects of AZT in the offspring of CD-1 mice and Erythrocebus patas monkeys given AZT orally during pregnancy...
- Multiorgan transplacental and neonatal carcinogenicity of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine in miceB A Diwan
Division of Basic Sciences, SAIC Frederick, Inc, Frederick, Maryland, 21702 1201, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 161:82-99. 1999..The results confirm that AZT is a moderately effective perinatal carcinogen in mice, targeting several tissue types...
- Transplacental cisplatin exposure induces persistent fetal mitochondrial and genomic DNA damage in patas monkeysA J Giurgiovich
Laboratory of Cellular Carcinogenesis and Tumor Promotion, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4255, USA
Reprod Toxicol 11:95-100. 1997..The study demonstrates significant fetal genotoxicity in g-DNA and mt-DNA of patas monkeys exposed to cisplatin in utero, suggesting that similarly exposed human fetuses may also sustain drug-induced DNA damage...
- Incorporation of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine (AZT) into fetal DNA and fetal tissue distribution of drug after infusion of pregnant late-term rhesus macaques with a human-equivalent AZT doseM C Poirier
Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4255, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 22:477-83. 1999..Data imply that the human fetus may also be subject to incorporation of AZT into DNA even after short-term AZT infusion to the mother just before delivery...
- Chromosome site-specific immunohistochemical detection of DNA adducts in N-acetoxy-2-acetylaminofluorene--exposed Chinese hamster ovary cellsO A Olivero
Laboratory of Cellular Carcinogenesis and Tumor Promotion, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Mol Carcinog 3:37-43. 1990..Thus, the stage of cell cycle in which adducts are induced is an important factor in the specific location of the highest concentrations of this type of DNA lesion...
- Nuclear bud formation: a novel manifestation of Zidovudine genotoxicityA Dutra
Cytogenetics and Microscopy Core, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 4255, USA
Cytogenet Genome Res 128:105-10. 2010..It has been hypothesized that NBs occur as a result of expulsion of amplified DNA from the main nucleus; however, this data demonstrates that NBs may contain any chromosome, suggesting that NBs do not consist of just amplified DNA...
- Association between GSTM1*0 and squamous dysplasia of the esophagus in the high risk region of Linxian, ChinaM J Roth
The Cancer Prevention Studies Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Lett 156:73-81. 2000..These results are consistent with the notion that exposure to environmental carcinogens that are detoxified by GSTM1, such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, may contribute to the etiology of esophageal cancer in Linxian...
- Localization of DNA adducts induced by N-acetoxy-N-2-acetylaminofluorene in Chinese hamster ovary cells using electron microscopy and colloidal goldO A Olivero
Laboratory of Cellular Carcinogenesis and Tumor Promotion, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 2:130-6. 1990..15-26 in the surrounding cytoplasm. Treated cells incubated with normal rabbit serum or specific adduct-absorbed serum showed 19-34 particles for all cellular compartments...
- Plasma drug levels compared with DNA incorporation of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine (AZT) in adult cynomolgus (Macaca fascicularis) monkeysO A Olivero
Laboratory of Cellular Carcinogenesis and Tumor Promotion, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892-4255, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 226:446-9. 2001..In addition, AZT-DNA levels in monkey organs were similar to or lower than values observed in peripheral leukocytes of adult AIDS patients...
- Preferential formation and decreased removal of cisplatin-DNA adducts in Chinese hamster ovary cell mitochondrial DNA as compared to nuclear DNAO A Olivero
Laboratory of Cellular Carcinogenesis and Tumor Promotion, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Mutat Res 391:79-86. 1997..The final results demonstrated that both, higher initial binding and lack of removal of cisplatin-DNA adducts appear to contribute to the preferential cisplatin-mtDNA binding observed in CHO cells...
- 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine (AZT) transplacental perfusion kinetics and DNA incorporation in normal human placentas perfused with AZTO A Olivero
Laboratory of Cellular Carcinogenesis and Tumor Promotion, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 4255, USA
Mutat Res 428:41-7. 1999....