Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Acute ethanol induces c-fos immunoreactivity in GABAergic neurons of the central nucleus of the amygdalaM Morales
The Scripps Research Institute, Department of Neuropharmacology, Alcohol Research Center, North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Brain Res 798:333-6. 1998....
- The central 5-HT3 receptor in CNS disordersF E Bloom
The Scripps Research Institute, Department of Neuropharmacology, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Neurochem Res 23:653-9. 1998..These results provide a means to unify some of the initial pharmacological observations...
- HSV amplicon delivery of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor is neuroprotective against ischemic injuryB K Harvey
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Exp Neurol 183:47-55. 2003..Taken together, our data indicate that HSVgdnf pretreatment provides protection against cerebral ischemia and supports the utilization of the HSV amplicon for therapeutic delivery of trophic factors to the CNS...
- Differential expression of the cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) receptor GFRalpha1 in heterozygous Gfralpha1 null-mutant mice after strokeA Sarabi
National Institute on Drug Abuse, IRP Department, Cellular Neurophysiology Section, NIH, 5500 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neurosci Lett 341:241-5. 2003....
- Glial cell line neurotrophic factor-family receptor alpha-1 is present in central neurons with distinct phenotypesA Sarabi
National Institute on Drug Abuse, Cellular Neurophysiology Section, 5500 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neuroscience 116:261-73. 2003..This would result in the regulation of diverse neuronal pathways in the adult brain. Published by Elsevier Science Ltd on behalf of IBRO...
- Bone morphogenetic proteins are involved in fetal kidney tissue transplantation-induced neuroprotection in stroke ratsC F Chang
Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Neuropharmacology 43:418-26. 2002....
- Hippocampal interneurons co-express transcripts encoding the alpha7 nicotinic receptor subunit and the cannabinoid receptor 1M Morales
National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program, Cellular Neurophysiology Section, 5500 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neuroscience 152:70-81. 2008....
- Protective effects of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor in ischemic brain injuryY Wang
National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 962:423-37. 2002..This upregulation suggests that activation of an endogenous neuroprotective mechanism occurs so that responsiveness of GDNF can be enhanced at very early stages during ischemia...
- GFRalpha-1 mRNA in dopaminergic and nondopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra and ventral tegmental areaA Sarabi
Cellular Neurophysiology, National Institute on Drug Abuse, 5500 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Comp Neurol 441:106-17. 2001....
- Time course study of GFRalpha-1 expression in an animal model of strokeA Sarabi
National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, 5500 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Exp Neurol 170:283-9. 2001..The selective up-regulation of GFRalpha-1 and c-Ret in different brain areas suggests that there may be regional differences in GDNF-induced neuroprotection in stroke...
- Interactions between dopamine D1 receptors and gamma-aminobutyric acid mechanisms in substantia nigra pars reticulata of the rat: neurochemical and behavioral studiesT Trevitt
Department of Psychology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 1020, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 159:229-37. 2002..Yet, there is also a large number of D1 receptors in the substantia nigra pars reticulata (SNr), and these receptors are located mainly on terminals of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)-ergic striatonigral neurons...
- In vivo extracellular recording of striatal neurons in the awake rat following unilateral 6-hydroxydopamine lesionsM T Chen
Intramural Research Program, Cellular Neurobiology Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Exp Neurol 171:72-83. 2001..In addition, these results suggest that the contralateral changes in striatal function which occur in the unilateral dopaminergic lesion model should be considered when evaluating experimental results...
- Is double renal transplantation a risk factor for cytomegalovirus disease?V J Moreno-Cuerda
Infectious Diseases Unit and Nephrology Department, University Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:3764-5. 2005....
- [Participation of the phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase/Akt/endothelial-nitric-oxide synthase signaling in the processes of angiogenesis and vascular remodeling]M Morales
Laboratorio Hormonal, Hospital Clinic Universitari, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona
Nefrologia 22:13-6. 2002