John R Marler
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- NINDS-sponsored clinical trials in stroke: past, present, and futureJohn R Marler
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Rockville, MD 20892, USA
Stroke 33:311-2. 2002
- Should stroke patients with mild or improving symptoms receive tissue plasminogen activator therapy?John R Marler
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, MD 20892 9520, USA
Nat Clin Pract Neurol 2:354-5. 2006
- NINDS clinical trials in stroke: lessons learned and future directionsJohn R Marler
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, 6001 Executive Blvd, Rm 2216, Rockville, MD 20892, USA
Stroke 38:3302-7. 2007..If we continue to follow the discoveries of science, continue to create new trial methodology, and increase participation in clinical trials, significant advances in the treatment of cerebrovascular disease will continue...
- Medicine. Stroke--tPA and the clinicJohn R Marler
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, MD 20817, USA
Science 301:1677. 2003..These barriers are not insurmountable but will require a concerted effort to overcome...
- Data and safety monitoring in clinical research: a National Institute of Neurologic Disorders and Stroke perspectiveRobin A Conwit
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Neuroscience Center, Bethesda, MD 20850, USA
Ann Emerg Med 45:388-92. 2005..We review National Institute of Neurologic Disorders and Stroke principles of data and safety monitoring and provide examples to illustrate key concepts...
- Association of outcome with early stroke treatment: pooled analysis of ATLANTIS, ECASS, and NINDS rt-PA stroke trialsWerner Hacke
Medical University at Heidelberg, Germany
Lancet 363:768-74. 2004..Quick administration of intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) after stroke improved outcomes in previous trials. We aimed to analyse combined data for individual patients to confirm the importance of rapid treatment...
- Recommendations for comprehensive stroke centers: a consensus statement from the Brain Attack CoalitionMark J Alberts
Northwestern University Medical School, 710 N Lake Shore Dr, Room 1420, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Stroke 36:1597-616. 2005....
- Lessons from the Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation trialsRobert G Hart
Department of Medicine Neurology, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive MC 7883, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Ann Intern Med 138:831-8. 2003..For patients at moderate risk for stroke, patient preferences and access to reliable anticoagulation monitoring are particularly relevant...
- Guidelines for the early management of patients with ischemic stroke: A scientific statement from the Stroke Council of the American Stroke AssociationHarold P Adams
Stroke 34:1056-83. 2003
- The Virtual International Stroke Trials ArchiveMyzoon Ali
University Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Gardiner Institute, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Stroke 38:1905-10. 2007..The Virtual International Stroke Trials Archive aims to aid the planning of clinical trials by collating and providing access to a rich resource of patient data to perform exploratory analyses...