Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- A kinase anchor protein 150 (AKAP150)-associated protein kinase A limits dendritic spine densityYuan Lu
Department of Pharmacology, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Biol Chem 286:26496-506. 2011..However, synaptic transmission and spine density was normal at 8 weeks in KO and D36 mice. Thus AKAP150-independent mechanisms correct the aberrantly high number of active spines in juvenile AKAP150 KO and D36 mice during development...
- AKAP150-anchored PKA activity is important for LTD during its induction phaseYuan Lu
Department of Pharmacology, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, 51 Newton Road, Iowa City, IA 52242 1109, USA
J Physiol 586:4155-64. 2008..Collectively our data indicate that AKAP150-anchored PKA activity is required to induce LTD and not merely to maintain a tonically heightened activity level of AMPA receptors as proposed earlier...
- The bed nucleus of the stria terminalis is critical for anxiety-related behavior evoked by CO2 and acidosisRebecca J Taugher
Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Neuroscience, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242
J Neurosci 34:10247-55. 2014..Together, these findings identify the BNST as an extra-amygdalar fear circuit structure important in CO2-evoked fear-related behavior. ..
- Age-dependent requirement of AKAP150-anchored PKA and GluR2-lacking AMPA receptors in LTPYuan Lu
Department of Pharmacology, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1109, USA
EMBO J 26:4879-90. 2007..AKAP150-anchored PKA might thus critically contribute to LTP in adult hippocampus in part by phosphorylating GluR1 to foster postsynaptic accumulation of homomeric GluR1 AMPA receptors during initial LTP in 8-week-old mice...
- Acid-sensing ion channels contribute to synaptic transmission and inhibit cocaine-evoked plasticityCollin J Kreple
1 Medical Scientist Training Program, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA 2 Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA 3
Nat Neurosci 17:1083-91. 2014..Together, these data suggest that ASIC1A inhibits the plasticity underlying addiction-related behavior and raise the possibility of developing therapies for drug addiction by targeting ASIC-dependent neurotransmission. ..
- Drug abuse and the simplest neurotransmitterCollin J Kreple
Medical Scientist Training Program, Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Department of Psychiatry, Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, and Department of Neurosurgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, United States
ACS Chem Neurosci 5:746-8. 2014....
- Protons are a neurotransmitter that regulates synaptic plasticity in the lateral amygdalaJianyang Du
Howard Hughes Medical Institute andDepartment of Internal Medicine, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:8961-6. 2014..They also indicate that protons and ASICs are a neurotransmitter/receptor pair critical for amygdala-dependent learning and memory. ..
- Forebrain glutamatergic neurons mediate leptin action on depression-like behaviors and synaptic depressionMing Guo
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Transl Psychiatry 2:e83. 2012....