Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Neurotrophins and hippocampal synaptic transmission and plasticityB Lu
Unit on Synapse Development and Plasticity, Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, NICHD, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4480, USA
J Neurosci Res 58:76-87. 1999..BDNF and other neurotrophins may represent a new class of neuromodulators that regulate neuronal connectivity and synaptic efficacy. J. Neurosci. Res. 58:76-87, 1999. Published 1999 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Protein synthesis-dependent and -independent regulation of hippocampal synapses by brain-derived neurotrophic factorN Tartaglia
Unit on Synapse Development and Plasticity, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 276:37585-93. 2001..However, BDNF did not activate PKA, and application of a PKA activator did not mimic the BDNF effect. Taken together, these results suggest a novel, protein synthesis-dependent form of BDNF modulation that requires cAMP gating...
- Ca(2+) binding protein frequenin mediates GDNF-induced potentiation of Ca(2+) channels and transmitter releaseC Y Wang
Laboratory of Cellular and Synaptic Neurophysiology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neuron 32:99-112. 2001..These results identify an important molecular target that mediates the long-term, synaptic action of a neurotrophic factor...
- PI-3 kinase and IP3 are both necessary and sufficient to mediate NT3-induced synaptic potentiationF Yang
Unit on Synapse Development and Plasticity, Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, NICHD, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Neurosci 4:19-28. 2001..These results reveal an involvement of PI3 kinase in transmitter release, and suggest that concomitant activation of PI3 kinase and IP3 receptors is both necessary and sufficient to mediate the NT3-induced synaptic potentiation...
- Impairments in high-frequency transmission, synaptic vesicle docking, and synaptic protein distribution in the hippocampus of BDNF knockout miceL D Pozzo-Miller
Laboratory of Neurobiology, National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Stroke NINDS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurosci 19:4972-83. 1999..Taken together, these results suggest a novel role for BDNF in the mobilization and/or docking of synaptic vesicles to presynaptic active zones...
- Dysbindin-1 modulates prefrontal cortical activity and schizophrenia-like behaviors via dopamine/D2 pathwaysF Papaleo
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, Genes, Cognition and Psychosis Program, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Psychiatry 17:85-98. 2012..These results elucidate dysbindin's modulation of D2-related behavior, cortical activity and mPFC CaMK components, implicating cellular and molecular mechanisms of the association of dysbindin with psychosis...