Affiliation: National Cancer Institute
- Early signaling pathways activated by c-Kit in hematopoietic cellsD Linnekin
Basic Research Laboratory, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, MD 21702 1201, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 31:1053-74. 1999..Structure-function studies have begun to address the role of these signaling components in SCF-mediated responses. This review will focus on the biochemical mechanism of action of SCF in hematopoietic cells...
- Lyn is required for normal stem cell factor-induced proliferation and chemotaxis of primary hematopoietic cellsB O'Laughlin-Bunner
Basic Research Laboratory, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Blood 98:343-50. 2001..These studies demonstrate that Lyn is required for normal SCF-mediated responses of primary progenitors and for a differentiated lineage...
- Lyn is activated during late G1 of stem-cell-factor-induced cell cycle progression in haemopoietic cellsS Mou
Intramural Research and Support Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Biochem J 342:163-70. 1999..These findings demonstrate that SCF activates the Src family member Lyn before the G(1)/S transition of the cell cycle and suggest that Lyn is involved in SCF-induced cell cycle progression...
- Lyn associates with the juxtamembrane region of c-Kit and is activated by stem cell factor in hematopoietic cell lines and normal progenitor cellsD Linnekin
Laboratory of Leukocyte Biology, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
J Biol Chem 272:27450-5. 1997..These data demonstrate that SCF rapidly activates Lyn and suggest that Lyn is critical in SCF-induced proliferation in hematopoietic cells...
- Regulation of JAK3 expression in human monocytes: phosphorylation in response to interleukins 2, 4, and 7T Musso
Biological Carcinogenesis and Development Program, Program Resources, Inc DynCorp, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
J Exp Med 181:1425-31. 1995..Together, these findings suggest that JAK3 is functionally important in activated monocytes and cells of the myeloid lineage and is involved in signaling responses of cytokines that use the common gamma-chain of the IL-2 receptor...
- Maturation of erythroid cells and erythroleukemia development are affected by the kinase activity of LynP A Tilbrook
Laboratory for Cancer Medicine, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, Royal Perth Hospital, Australia
Cancer Res 61:2453-8. 2001..Taken together, these data show that Lyn plays an important role in intracellular signaling in nontransformed and leukemic erythroid cells...
- Signaling via Src family kinases is required for normal internalization of the receptor c-KitV C Broudy
Divisions of Hematology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Blood 94:1979-86. 1999..These results indicate that Src family kinases play a role in ligand-induced trafficking of c-Kit...
- Lck associates with and is activated by Kit in a small cell lung cancer cell line: inhibition of SCF-mediated growth by the Src family kinase inhibitor PP1G W Krystal
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia Commonwealth University, McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Richmond 23249, USA
Cancer Res 58:4660-6. 1998....
- Stat1 associates with c-kit and is activated in response to stem cell factorC Deberry
Laboratory of Leukocyte Biology, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, USA
Biochem J 327:73-80. 1997..These results demonstrate that Stat1 is activated in response to SCF, and suggest that Stat1 is a component of the SCF signal-transduction pathway...
- The Csk-like proteins Lsk, Hyl, and Matk represent the same Csk homologous kinase (Chk) and are regulated by stem cell factor in the megakaryoblastic cell line MO7eS Grgurevich
Laboratory of Experimental Immunology, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD, USA
Growth Factors 14:103-15. 1997..Lastly, since our studies strongly suggest that the Lsk, Hyl and Matk kinases are related and regulated distinctly from Csk, we and several of the original authors have agreed to rename this kinase the Csk homologous kinase (Chk)...
- JAK2 is associated with the c-kit proto-oncogene product and is phosphorylated in response to stem cell factorS R Weiler
Division of Cancer Treatment, and Biological Carcinogenesis and Development Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, MD 21702, USA
Blood 87:3688-93. 1996..These data demonstrate that SCF induces tyrosine phosphorylation of JAK2 and suggest that JAK2 is a component of the SCF signal transduction pathway...
- Stem cell factor induces phosphorylation of a 200 kDa protein which associates with c-kitD Linnekin
Laboratory of Leukocyte Biology, Frederick Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, MD 21702, USA
Growth Factors 12:57-67. 1995..The rapid phosphorylation of p200 and its immediate association with c-kit suggest that p200 is potentially a component of the SCF signal transduction pathway...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase contributes to the transformation of hematopoietic cells by the D816V c-Kit mutantR Chian
Basic Research Laboratory and the Laboratory of Immunobiology, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute-Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Blood 98:1365-73. 2001....