Eric P Knoshaug
Affiliation: National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Butanol tolerance in a selection of microorganismsEric P Knoshaug
National Renewable Energy Laboratory, National Bioenergy Center, Golden, CO 80401, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 153:13-20. 2009..Several strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae exhibit limited growth in 2% butanol, while two strains of Lactobacillus were able to tolerate and grow in up to 3% butanol...
- Heterologous expression of two ferulic acid esterases from Penicillium funiculosumEric P Knoshaug
National Bioenergy Center, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, CO 80401, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 146:79-87. 2008..We evaluated both enzymes for their potential to enhance the cellulolytic activity of purified Trichoderma reesei Cel7A on pretreated corn stover...
- Heterologous expression of Aspergillus niger beta-D-xylosidase (XlnD): characterization on lignocellulosic substratesMichael J Selig
National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Chemical and Biosciences Center, Golden, CO 80401, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 146:57-68. 2008..Furthermore, the addition of the XynA/XlnD complex was effective in enhancing the ability of a simplified cellulase complex to convert glucan present in the substrates...
- Synergistic enhancement of cellobiohydrolase performance on pretreated corn stover by addition of xylanase and esterase activitiesMichael J Selig
National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Chemical and Biosciences Center, 1617 Cole Boulevard, Golden, CO 80401, United States
Bioresour Technol 99:4997-5005. 2008..Additionally, we note a direct relationship between enzymatic xylan removal in the presence of XynA and the enhancement of cellulose hydrolysis by Cel7A...
- Novel transporters from Kluyveromyces marxianus and Pichia guilliermondii expressed in Saccharomyces cerevisiae enable growth on L-arabinose and D-xyloseEric P Knoshaug
National Renewable Energy Laboratory, National Bioenergy Centre, Golden, CO, USA
Yeast 32:615-28. 2015..Additionally, alignment of these transporters with other characterized pentose transporters provides potential targets for substrate recognition engineering...