Genomes and Genes
Summer S Han
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Associations between genes in the one-carbon metabolism pathway and advanced colorectal adenoma risk in individuals with low folate intakeSummer S Han
1Epidemiology and Biostatistics Program, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:417-27. 2012..Low dietary and circulating folate and polymorphic variation in this pathway are associated with increased risk of colorectal adenoma and cancer...
- Reconsidering the asymptotic null distribution of likelihood ratio tests for genetic linkage in multivariate variance components models under complete pleiotropySummer S Han
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biostatistics 11:226-41. 2010..We propose a method to generate an asymptotic null distribution that is much faster than other empirical methods such as permutation, enabling us to obtain P values with higher precision more efficiently...
- The chromosome 2p21 region harbors a complex genetic architecture for association with risk for renal cell carcinomaSummer S Han
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, Department of Health and Human Services, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 7231, USA
Hum Mol Genet 21:1190-200. 2012..72 × 10(-9), per-allele OR = 1.28, 95% CI: 1.18-1.39) In conclusion, we report that chromosome 2p21 harbors a complex genetic architecture for common RCC risk variants...
- Genome-wide interaction study of smoking and bladder cancer riskJonine D Figueroa
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA, Institute for Cancer Research, London, UK, Epidemiology Research Program, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA, USA, Centre for Research in Environmental Epidemiology CREAL, Barcelona, Spain, Municipal Institute of Medical Research, Barcelona, Spain, CIBER Epidemiologia y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Barcelona, Spain, National School of Public Health, Athens, Greece, Maine Cancer Registry, Augusta, ME, USA, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre CNIO, Madrid, Spain, Vermont Cancer Registry, Burlington, VT, USA, Center for Genomics Research, SAIC Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, MD, USA, Information Management Services, Inc, Rockville, MD, USA, Imperial College London, London, UK, Department of Preventive Medicine and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Keck School of Medicine of USC, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Carcinogenesis 35:1737-44. 2014..Our findings provide additional evidence of gene-environment interactions for tobacco and bladder cancer. ..
- Likelihood ratio test for detecting gene (G)-environment (E) interactions under an additive risk model exploiting G-E independence for case-control dataSummer S Han
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20852, USA
Am J Epidemiol 176:1060-7. 2012..5-fold. The authors illustrate their method by applying it to data from a bladder cancer study...
- Common genetic polymorphisms modify the effect of smoking on absolute risk of bladder cancerMontserrat Garcia-Closas
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Res 73:2211-20. 2013..Our findings could have implications for targeted prevention strategies. However, other smoking-related diseases, as well as practical and ethical considerations, need to be considered before any recommendations could be made...
- Von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) inactivation in sporadic clear cell renal cancer: associations with germline VHL polymorphisms and etiologic risk factorsLee E Moore
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002312. 2011..A proportion of tumors from current smokers lacked VHL alterations and may represent a biologically distinct clinical entity from inactivated cases...
- Variants in or near KITLG, BAK1, DMRT1, and TERT-CLPTM1L predispose to familial testicular germ cell tumourChristian P Kratz
Division of CancerEpidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
J Med Genet 48:473-6. 2011..Familial testicular germ cell tumours (TGCTs) and bilateral TGCTs comprise 1-2% and 5% of all TGCTs, respectively, but their genetic basis remains largely unknown...
- Comprehensive analysis of 5-aminolevulinic acid dehydrogenase (ALAD) variants and renal cell carcinoma risk among individuals exposed to leadDana M Van Bemmel
Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program, Office of the Director, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20432. 2011..Epidemiologic studies are reporting associations between lead exposure and human cancers. A polymorphism in the 5-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (ALAD) gene affects lead toxicokinetics and may modify the adverse effects of lead...