Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Polymorphisms of the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 5 (LRP5) gene are associated with obesity phenotypes in a large family-based association studyYan Fang Guo
Key Laboratory of Biomedical Information Engineering of Ministry of Education and Institute of Molecular Genetics, School of Life Science and Technology, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, PR China
J Med Genet 43:798-803. 2006..The low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 5 (LRP5) gene, essential for glucose and cholesterol metabolism, may have a role in the aetiology of obesity, an important risk factor for diabetes...
- The intra- and inter-instrument reliability of DXA based on ex vivo soft tissue measurementsYan Guo
Clinical Diabetes and Nutrition Section, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 4212 North Sixteenth Street, Room 541 Phoenix, AZ 85016, USA
Obes Res 12:1925-9. 2004..Comparison of ex-vivo soft tissue measurements using the GE/Lunar pencil (DPX-L; GE/Lunar Co., Madison, WI) and fan beam (Prodigy dual-energy X-ray absorptiometers (DXA) GE/Lunar Co.)...
- Physiological evidence for the involvement of peptide YY in the regulation of energy homeostasis in humansYan Guo
Obesity and Diabetes Clinical Research Section, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Phoenix, AZ 85016, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 14:1562-70. 2006..To explore the potential role of the endogenous peptide YY (PYY) in the long-term regulation of body weight and energy homeostasis...
- PCLO variants are nominally associated with early-onset type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance in Pima IndiansLijun Ma
Department of Health and HumanServices, Diabetes Molecular Genetics Section, Phoenix Epidemiology and Clinical Research Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and KidneyDiseases, National Institutes of Health, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Diabetes 57:3156-60. 2008..PCLO encodes a presynaptic cytomatrix protein that functions as a Ca(2+) sensor that may be involved in insulin secretion and/or insulin action. Therefore, PCLO was analyzed as a candidate gene for type 2 diabetes...
- CHRM3 gene variation is associated with decreased acute insulin secretion and increased risk for early-onset type 2 diabetes in Pima IndiansYan Guo
Diabetes Molecular Genetics Section, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 445 N 5th St, Suite 210, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Diabetes 55:3625-9. 2006..00006) and was also modestly associated with increased risk of early-onset type 2 diabetes (adjusted P = 0.02)...
- Combined administration of low-dose gossypol acetic acid with desogestrel/mini-dose ethinylestradiol/testosterone undecanoate as an oral contraceptive for menZhan Jun Yang
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Institute of Basic Medical Science, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, School of Basic Medicine, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100005, China
Contraception 70:203-11. 2004..No hypokalemia or other adverse effects in viscera were observed. These results provide a promising approach to using the new regimen for the development of an effective and reversible oral male contraceptive...
- Bivariate genome linkage analysis suggests pleiotropic effects on chromosomes 20p and 3p for body fat mass and lean massJian Zhao
Biomedical Information Engineering of Ministry of Education and Institute of Molecular Genetics, School of Life Science and Technology, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710049, People s Republic of China
Genet Res (Camb) 90:259-68. 2008..Our results suggest that QTLs on chromosomes 20p12, 3p26-25 and Xp22 may jointly influence TBFM and TBLM. Further fine mapping and gene identification studies for these pleiotropic effects are needed...