Adam B Glick
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- TGFbeta1, back to the future: revisiting its role as a transforming growth factorAdam B Glick
Laboratory of Cellular Carcinogenesis and Tumor Promotion, The Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 3:276-83. 2004..It is proposed that the switch from tumor suppressor to oncogene reflects genetic or epigenetic alterations in signaling pathways in tumor cells that alter the readout from the TGFbeta1 pathway...
- Context-dependent regulation of cutaneous immunological responses by TGFbeta1 and its role in skin carcinogenesisAdam B Glick
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Center for Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis, Life Sciences Building, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16801, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:9-14. 2008....
- The transcriptional regulatory function of p53 is essential for suppression of mouse skin carcinogenesis and can be dissociated from effects on TGF-beta-mediated growth regulationRoshini M Ponnamperuma
Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Pathol 219:263-74. 2009....
- Tumor suppressor and oncogene actions of TGFbeta1 occur early in skin carcinogenesis and are mediated by Smad3Dong Soon Bae
Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Mol Carcinog 48:441-53. 2009....
- Tissue homeostasis and the control of the neoplastic phenotype in epithelial cancersAdam B Glick
Laboratory of Cellular Carcinogenesis and Tumor Promotion, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, 37 Convent Drive, MSC 4255, Building 37, Room 4068A1, Bethesda, MD 20892 4255, USA
Semin Cancer Biol 15:75-83. 2005..Understanding these mechanisms will be important in primary cancer prevention and for counteracting recurrences in cancer survivors...
- Cripto-1 alters keratinocyte differentiation via blockade of transforming growth factor-beta1 signaling: role in skin carcinogenesisAnjali Shukla
Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:509-16. 2008..We suggest that inhibition of TGF-beta1 by Cripto-1 may play an important role in altering the differentiation state of keratinocytes and promoting outgrowth of squamous tumors in the mouse epidermis...
- Smad3 regulates senescence and malignant conversion in a mouse multistage skin carcinogenesis modelKinnimulki Vijayachandra
Laboratory of Cellular Carcinogenesis and Tumor Promotion, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 63:3447-52. 2003..These results link Smad3-mediated regulation of growth control genes to senescence in vitro and tumor suppression in vivo...
- Involvement of Smad signaling in sphingosine 1-phosphate-mediated biological responses of keratinocytesBettina Sauer
Institute of Pharmacy, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Free University Berlin, Konigin Luise Strasse 2 4, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:38471-9. 2004....
- An efficient and versatile system for acute and chronic modulation of renal tubular function in transgenic miceMilena Traykova-Brauch
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pathology, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Med 14:979-84. 2008..These experiments establish Pax8-rtTA mice as a powerful tool for modeling renal diseases in transgenic mice...