Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Effect of calcium on the oxidative phosphorylation cascade in skeletal muscle mitochondriaBrian Glancy
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochemistry 52:2793-809. 2013....
- Protein composition and function of red and white skeletal muscle mitochondriaBrian Glancy
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute NIH, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 300:C1280-90. 2011..These data suggest that metabolic demand differences between red and white muscle fibers are primarily matched by the number of mitochondria and not by significant alterations in the mitochondria themselves...
- Optical spectroscopy in turbid media using an integrating sphere: mitochondrial chromophore analysis during metabolic transitionsDavid J Chess
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Anal Biochem 439:161-72. 2013..Surprisingly, I/R resulted in an inhibition of all measured MOPC conductances, suggesting a coordinated down-regulation of mitochondrial activity with this well-established cardiac perturbation...
- Regulation of oxidative phosphorylation complex activity: effects of tissue-specific metabolic stress within an allometric series and acute changes in workloadDarci Phillips
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, NHLBI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 1061, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 302:R1034-48. 2012..These data are consistent with the notion that metabolic stress modulates MOPCs activity in the heart...
- A Model-based approach for microvasculature structure distortion correction in two-photon fluorescence microscopy imagesLam Dao
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, U S A
J Microsc 260:180-93. 2015..The proposed method will help in qualitative interpretation and quantitative analysis of vascular structures from fluorescence microscopy images. ..
- In vivo microscopy reveals extensive embedding of capillaries within the sarcolemma of skeletal muscle fibersBrian Glancy
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, NHLBI, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Microcirculation 21:131-47. 2014..To provide insight into mitochondrial function in vivo, we evaluated the 3D spatial relationship between capillaries, mitochondria, and muscle fibers in live mice...
- Mitochondrial reticulum for cellular energy distribution in muscleBrian Glancy
National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nature 523:617-20. 2015..We propose that membrane potential conduction via the mitochondrial reticulum is the dominant pathway for skeletal muscle energy distribution. ..
- Role of mitochondrial Ca2+ in the regulation of cellular energeticsBrian Glancy
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20817, USA
Biochemistry 51:2959-73. 2012..Though most specific molecular mechanisms have yet to be elucidated, it is clear that Ca(2+) provides a balanced activation of mitochondrial energy metabolism that exceeds the alteration of dehydrogenases alone...