Genomes and Genes
N A Giese
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Efficacy of the novel selective platelet-derived growth factor receptor antagonist CT52923 on cellular proliferation, migration, and suppression of neointima following vascular injuryJ C Yu
COR Therapeutics, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 298:1172-8. 2001..Therefore, PDGFR antagonism by CT52923 could be a viable strategy for the prevention of clinical restenosis or the treatment of other human diseases involving PDGFR signaling...
- Interferon (IFN) consensus sequence-binding protein, a transcription factor of the IFN regulatory factor family, regulates immune responses in vivo through control of interleukin 12 expressionN A Giese
Laboratory of Immunopathology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0760, USA
J Exp Med 186:1535-46. 1997..This indicates that ICSBP is a deciding factor in Th responses governing humoral and cellular immunity through its role in regulating IL-12 expression...
- Regulation of apoptosis in myeloid cells by interferon consensus sequence-binding proteinL Gabriele
Laboratory of Immunopathology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, MD 20892 0760, USA
J Exp Med 190:411-21. 1999..These data suggest that ICSBP modulates survival of myeloid cells by regulating expression of apoptosis-related genes...
- Retrovirus-elicited interleukin-12 and tumour necrosis factor-alpha as inducers of interferon-gamma-mediated pathology in mouse AIDSN A Giese
Laboratory of Immunopathology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0760, USA
Immunology 87:467-74. 1996..These studies suggest that continuing low-level expression of IFN-gamma, stimulated by IL-12 and TNF-alpha, contributes to the susceptibility of B6 mice to MAIDS but is not required for the resistance of BALB/c mice to disease...
- STAT6-deficient mice exhibit normal induction of murine AIDS and expression of immunoglobulin E following infection with LP-BM5 murine leukemia virusesH C Morse
Laboratory of Immunopathology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 73:7093-5. 1999..In addition, serum IgE levels were indistinguishable in mice of either genotype. We conclude that B cells from mice with MAIDS activate unique IL-4- and STAT6-independent signaling pathways for B-cell activation and differentiation...
- Relationship of cytokines and cytokine signaling to immunodeficiency disorders in the mouseR A Morawetz
Laboratory of Immunopathology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Braz J Med Biol Res 31:61-7. 1998..ICSBP is thus an important determinant of hematopoietic growth and differentiation as well as a prominent signaling molecule for IFNs...
- Murine AIDS is an antigen-driven disease: requirements for major histocompatibility complex class II expression and CD4+ T cellsN A Giese
Laboratory of Immunopathology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Virol 68:5819-24. 1994..These results indicate that induction of MAIDS by BM5def is antigen driven and is dependent on expression of major histocompatibility complex class II molecules on antigen-presenting cells and the presence of CD4+ T cells...
- Enhanced pulmonary histopathology induced by respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) challenge of formalin-inactivated RSV-immunized BALB/c mice is abrogated by depletion of interleukin-4 (IL-4) and IL-10M Connors
Respiratory Viruses Section, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Virol 68:5321-5. 1994..It is possible that this process played a role in enhanced disease observed in infants and children immunized with FI-RSV...
- Resistance to murine acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (MAIDS)R A Morawetz
Science 265:264-6; author reply 267. 1994
- PDGF-D, a new protease-activated growth factorW J LaRochelle
CuraGen Corporation, 555 Long Wharf Drive, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Nat Cell Biol 3:517-21. 2001..However, in cells expressing both PDGFRs, PDGF-D activates both receptors. This indicates that PDGFR-alpha activation may result from PDGFR-alpha/beta heterodimerization...
- Osteopontin influences the invasiveness of pancreatic cancer cells and is increased in neoplastic and inflammatory conditionsA Kolb
Department of General Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Biol Ther 4:740-6. 2005..Our results do suggest, however, that blockade of OPN might be useful as a therapeutic approach to inhibit invasion and metastasis of pancreatic cancer cells...