Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Secondary genomic rearrangements involving immunoglobulin or MYC loci show similar prevalences in hyperdiploid and nonhyperdiploid myeloma tumorsAna Gabrea
Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 47:573-90. 2008..We conclude that IG light chain and MYC rearrangements, as well as secondary IGH rearrangements, make similar contributions to the progression of both HRD and NHRD MM tumors...
- Distinguishing primary and secondary translocations in multiple myelomaAna Gabrea
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20889 5105, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 5:1225-33. 2006..It is hypothesized that secondary translocations not involving a MYC gene can occur at any stage of tumorigenesis, including in pre-malignant MGUS tumor cells...
- Characterization of MYC translocations in multiple myeloma cell linesAmel Dib
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr . 2008..High-density aCGH analyses should facilitate the cloning of MYC breakpoints, enabling the determination of their structures and perhaps elucidating how rearrangements not involving an Ig gene cause dysregulation of an MYC gene...
- Complex rearrangements involving der(8)t(8;20) and der(14)t(8;14)t(11;14), CCND1, and duplication of IgH constant region in acute plasmablastic leukemiaTurid Knutsen
Genetics Branch, Center for Clinical Research, National Cancer Institute, 50 South Drive, Room 1408, Bethesda, MD 20892 8010, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 164:137-41. 2006..2;p?12) and der(14)t(8;14)(p?;p11.2)t(11;14)(q13;q32), with juxtaposition of CH (constant region of IgH) sequences to the oncogene CCND1 (translocated to 14q32). FISH analysis demonstrated that the CH on the der(14) was duplicated...
- Frequent engagement of the classical and alternative NF-kappaB pathways by diverse genetic abnormalities in multiple myelomaChristina M Annunziata
Metabolism Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Cell 12:115-30. 2007..These data demonstrate that addiction to the NF-kappaB pathway is frequent in myeloma and suggest that IKKbeta inhibitors hold promise for the treatment of this disease...
- Complex IGH rearrangements in multiple myeloma: Frequent detection discrepancies among three different probe setsGina Y Kim
Genetics Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 53:467-74. 2014..However, the majority of complex IGH rearrangements had detection discrepancies among the three centromeric IGH probes...