M A Frye
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Clozapine in bipolar disorder: treatment implications for other atypical antipsychoticsM A Frye
National Institute of Mental Health, Biological Psychiatry Branch, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Affect Disord 48:91-104. 1998..The foregoing agents and future drugs with atypical neuroleptic properties should come to play an increasingly important role, compared to the older classical neuroleptics, in the acute and long term management of bipolar disorder...
- Gabapentin does not alter single-dose lithium pharmacokineticsM A Frye
Biological Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 18:461-4. 1998....
- The Stanley Foundation Bipolar Treatment Outcome Network. II. Demographics and illness characteristics of the first 261 patientsT Suppes
The Stanley Foundation Bipolar Network, 5430 Grosvenor Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Affect Disord 67:45-59. 2001..This report describes the demographics and course of illness characteristics of this study population...
- The Stanley Foundation Bipolar Network. I. Rationale and methodsR M Post
National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 41:s169-76. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Well-characterised patients are followed in a detailed continuous longitudinal fashion in both opportunistic case series and double-blind, randomised controlled trials with reliable and validated measures...
- Rate of switch in bipolar patients prospectively treated with second-generation antidepressants as augmentation to mood stabilizersR M Post
Biological Psychiatry Branch, NIMH, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892-1272, USA
Bipolar Disord 3:259-65. 2001..Individual data on each drug will be assessed in the next phase of the study after more subjects are recruited and the blind is broken...
- Post-dexamethasone cortisol correlates with severity of depression before and during carbamazepine treatment in women but not menE A Osuch
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 104:397-401. 2001..CONCLUSION: The pathophysiological implications of this selective positive relationship between severity of depression and post-DST cortisol in women, but not men, should be explored further...
- Increased parental history of bipolar disorder in the United States: association with early age of onsetR M Post
Bipolar Collaborative Network, Bethesda, MD, USA Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, George Washington University, Washington, D C, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 129:375-82. 2014..We explored the impact of parental loading for affective illness on onset and other characteristics of BP disorder...
- Mood switch in bipolar depression: comparison of adjunctive venlafaxine, bupropion and sertralineR M Post
Department of Health and Human Services, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Br J Psychiatry 189:124-31. 2006..Few studies have examined the relative risks of switching into hypomania or mania associated with second-generation antidepressant drugs in bipolar depression...
- Elevated concentration of N-CAM VASE isoforms in schizophreniaM P Vawter
Cellular Neurobiology Branch, NIDA IRP, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Psychiatr Res 34:25-34. 2000..These results provide further evidence of an abnormality of N-CAM protein in chronic schizophrenia and suggest differences between schizophrenia and affective disorders in regulation of N-CAM...
- Supraphysiological doses of levothyroxine alter regional cerebral metabolism and improve mood in bipolar depressionM Bauer
Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital, University of California Los Angeles, CA, USA
Mol Psychiatry 10:456-69. 2005..We conclude that bipolar depressed patients have abnormal function in prefrontal and limbic brain areas. L-T(4) may improve mood by affecting circuits involving these areas, which have been previously implicated in affective disorders...
- Use of quetiapine in bipolar disorder: a case series with prospective evaluationT Suppes
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 19:173-4. 2004..Somatic complaints were limited. Mean (SD) duration before changes in medication regimens was 134 (100) days. Studies of the use of quetiapine in maintenance treatment of bipolar disorder are warranted...
- Tranylcypromine vs. lamotrigine in the treatment of refractory bipolar depression: a failed but clinically useful studyW A Nolen
University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Acta Psychiatr Scand 115:360-5. 2007..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of tranylcypromine vs. lamotrigine in bipolar depression not responding to conventional antidepressants...