P C Elwood
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- The divergent 5' termini of the alpha human folate receptor (hFR) mRNAs originate from two tissue-specific promoters and alternative splicing: characterization of the alpha hFR gene structureP C Elwood
Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochemistry 36:1467-78. 1997..These data demonstrate that a single gene encodes the divergent 5' termini of the alpha hFR cDNAs and that the alpha hFR transcripts are transcribed from two promoters that are activated in a tissue-specific manner...
- Expression of the human placental folate receptor transcript is regulated in human tissues. Organization and full nucleotide sequence of the geneS T Page
Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Mol Biol 229:1175-83. 1993..The isolation of the FR-P3 gene will permit functional analysis of the cis and trans regulatory elements of the FR-P3 gene and the mechanisms involved in tissue-specific FR gene expression...
- Tissue-specific promoters of the alpha human folate receptor gene yield transcripts with divergent 5' leader sequences and different translational efficienciesS J Roberts
Medicine Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem J 326:439-47. 1997..Hence, one consequence of tissue-specific promoter usage is the production of alphahFR transcripts with different 5' non-coding regions that affect translational efficiency...
- Structural and functional analysis of the human KB cell folate receptor gene P4 promoter: cooperation of three clustered Sp1-binding sites with initiator region for basal promoter activityY Saikawa
Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochemistry 34:9951-61. 1995....
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the human folate-binding protein cDNA from placenta and malignant tissue culture (KB) cellsP C Elwood
Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 264:14893-901. 1989..In vitro translation of RNA transcripts from the FBP cDNA inserts yields a 30-kDa and a 42-kDa polypeptide in the absence and presence of microsomal membranes, respectively...
- Exon 3 of the alpha folate receptor gene contains a 5' splice site which confers enhanced ovarian carcinoma specific expressionE Galmozzi
Unit of Molecular Therapies, Department of Experimental Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
FEBS Lett 502:31-4. 2001..A 5' splice site and 35 bp downstream intronic region of exon 3 appeared to regulate enhanced FR expression in ovarian carcinoma...
- Sorting of the human folate receptor in MDCK cellsChong Ho Kim
Department of Clinical Pathology, Wonkwang Health Science College, Iksan 570 750, Korea
J Biochem Mol Biol 37:362-9. 2004..The results suggest the hypothesis that there may be multiple mechanisms for targeting hFR to the plasma membrane...