Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Meta-analysis in clinical trials revisitedRebecca DerSimonian
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, MD, USA Electronic address
Contemp Clin Trials 45:139-45. 2015..We conclude with a discussion of repurposing the method for Big Data meta-analysis and Genome Wide Association Studies for studying the importance of genetic variants in complex diseases...
- Resolving discrepancies between a meta-analysis and a subsequent large controlled trialR DerSimonian
Division of Epidemiology, Statistics, and Prevention Research, National Institute of Child Health and Development, Bethesda, MD 20892 7510, USA
JAMA 282:664-70. 1999....
- Random-effects model for meta-analysis of clinical trials: an updateRebecca DerSimonian
Biostatistics Research Branch, Division of Clinical Research, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 28:105-14. 2007..The two-step methods approximate the optimal iterative method better than the earlier one-step non-iterative methods...
- Maternal serum paraxanthine, a caffeine metabolite, and the risk of spontaneous abortionM A Klebanoff
Division of Epidemiology, Statistics, and Prevention Research, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 7510, USA
N Engl J Med 341:1639-44. 1999..Prior studies have determined caffeine consumption by questionnaire. We used a biologic marker, such as serum paraxanthine, a metabolite of caffeine, to measure the dose of caffeine...
- Incomplete CD4 T cell recovery in HIV-1 infection after 12 months of highly active antiretroviral therapy is associated with ongoing increased CD4 T cell activation and turnoverKara B Anthony
Clinical and Molecular Retrovirology Section, Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases NIH, 10 Center Drive, Building 10, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 33:125-33. 2003..These data suggest that immune activation is central to CD4 cell depletion in HIV infection and immune reconstitution with HAART...
- CD4+ T cell responses to interleukin-2 administration in HIV-infected patients are directly related to the baseline level of immune activationIrini Sereti
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Infect Dis 196:677-83. 2007..Intermittent interleukin (IL)-2 administration to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients leads to CD4(+) T cell expansions. The factors potentially affecting these expansions were investigated in the present study...