A Dimitrios Colevas
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Hypothyroidism incidence after multimodality treatment for stage III and IV squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neckA D Colevas
Head and Neck Oncology Program, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston MA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 51:599-604. 2001....
- Chemotherapy options for patients with metastatic or recurrent squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckA Dimitrios Colevas
Investigational Drug Branch, Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2644-52. 2006..There is a need for further trials with end points other than overall survival or tumor response in this patient population. Guidelines for patient selection and treatment options are provided...
- Development of investigational radiation modifiersA Dimitrios Colevas
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:646-51. 2003
- Cisplatin and fluorouracil alone or with docetaxel in head and neck cancerMarshall R Posner
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 357:1705-15. 2007....
- Long-term outcomes and toxicity of concurrent paclitaxel and radiotherapy for locally advanced head-and-neck cancerDeborah Citrin
Radiation Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:1040-6. 2009..To report the long-term outcomes and toxicity of a regimen of infusion paclitaxel delivered concurrently with radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck...
- Docetaxel, cisplatin, and 5-fluorouracil-based induction chemotherapy in patients with locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: the Dana Farber Cancer Institute experienceRobert Haddad
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 97:412-8. 2003..In the current analysis, the authors report the data on long-term survival, patterns of failure, and morbidity among the patients who were treated at their institution...
- Herceptin in patients with advanced or metastatic salivary gland carcinomas. A phase II studyRobert Haddad
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Adult Oncology, SW430G, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Oral Oncol 39:724-7. 2003..Herceptin given as a single agent has a low activity in salivary gland tumors overexpressing Her2/neu. New agents are still needed...
- Organ preservation-induction chemotherapyA Dimitrios Colevas
Investigational Drug Branch, NCI CTEP, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Cancer Treat Res 114:213-34. 2003
- Clinical trials referral resource. Current clinical trials of cilengitide, an alpha(v) antagonist in clinical development as an anticancer agentA Dimitrios Colevas
National Cancer Institute, Investigational Drug Branch, Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program, Bethesda, MD, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 18:1778, 1781-2, 1784. 2004
- Phase II evaluations of cilengitide in asymptomatic patients with androgen-independent prostate cancer: scientific rationale and study designKathleen W Beekman
Genitourinary Oncology Service, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Clin Genitourin Cancer 4:299-302. 2006....
- A Phase I/II trial of concurrent docetaxel and radiation after induction chemotherapy in patients with poor prognosis squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckRoy B Tishler
Department of Radiation Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Cancer 95:1472-81. 2002..Patients were treated with weekly docetaxel and concurrent daily fractionated radiation therapy to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of docetaxel and the efficacy of the regimen...
- Phase I trial and pharmacokinetics of escalating doses of paclitaxel and concurrent hyperfractionated radiotherapy with or without amifostine in patients with advanced head and neck carcinomaPhilip C Amrein
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer 104:1418-27. 2005....
- Phase II study of ispinesib in recurrent or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckPatricia A Tang
Princess Margaret Phase II Consortium, Toronto, ON, Canada
Invest New Drugs 26:257-64. 2008..In addition, no pharmacodynamic changes were observed in peripheral blood mononuclear cells. We detected no antitumor activity of ispinesib in RMHNSC on this dosing schedule...
- Patient-reported outcomes and the evolution of adverse event reporting in oncologyAndy Trotti
Division of Radiation Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center at University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612 9416, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:5121-7. 2007..Therefore, care must be used when developing health outcomes and safety data collection plans...
- Phase I and correlative biology study of cilengitide in patients with recurrent malignant gliomaL Burt Nabors
New Approaches to Brain Tumor Therapy CNS Consortium, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:1651-7. 2007..This multi-institutional phase I trial was designed to determine the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD) of cilengitide (EMD 121974) and to evaluate the use of perfusion magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in patients with recurrent malignant glioma...
- A phase II study of ixabepilone (BMS-247550) in metastatic renal-cell carcinomaEdwin M Posadas
University of Chicago Phase II Consortium, Section of Hematology Oncology, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 6:490-3. 2007..Suggestion of activity in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) has been seen in early clinical studies...
- A phase I trial of BMS-247550 (NSC# 710428) and gemcitabine in patients with advanced solid tumorsMartee L Hensley
Gynecologic Medical Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Invest New Drugs 25:335-41. 2007..Attempts to increase the dose of BMS-247550 by decreasing the gemcitabine dose did not sufficiently ameliorate myelosuppression. Stable disease was observed in some patients with prior taxane exposure...
- Phase I study of continuous weekly dosing of dimethylamino benzoylphenylurea (BPU) in patients with solid tumoursWells A Messersmith
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Bunting Blaustein Cancer Research Building, CRB 1M88, 1650 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Eur J Cancer 43:78-86. 2007..A long half-life and accumulation of BPU and active metabolites were observed, recommending against a continuous administration. Weekly oral BPU therapy should be further tested using an interrupted schedule...
- Flavopiridol administered using a pharmacologically derived schedule is associated with marked clinical efficacy in refractory, genetically high-risk chronic lymphocytic leukemiaJohn C Byrd
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Blood 109:399-404. 2007..Patients with bulky disease and high-risk genetic features have achieved durable responses, thereby justifying further study of flavopiridol in CLL and other diseases...
- Adverse event reporting in publications compared with sponsor database for cancer clinical trialsOrit Scharf
PSI International Inc, Fairfax, VA, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3933-8. 2006..We examined whether the published AE data differ from those in the sponsor's database and from the data collection requirements stated in study protocols...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of flavopiridol followed by 1-beta-D-arabinofuranosylcytosine and mitoxantrone in relapsed and refractory adult acute leukemiasJudith E Karp
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:8403-12. 2005....
- Multi-institutional randomized phase II trial of the epothilone B analog ixabepilone (BMS-247550) with or without estramustine phosphate in patients with progressive castrate metastatic prostate cancerMatthew D Galsky
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:1439-46. 2005..To evaluate the antitumor activity and safety of the epothilone B analog, ixabepilone, with or without estramustine phosphate (EMP), in chemotherapy-naive patients with progressive castrate metastatic prostate cancer...
- Phase II trial of flavopiridol, a cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor, in untreated metastatic malignant melanomaSusan Burdette-Radoux
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Invest New Drugs 22:315-22. 2004..To test the activity of the cyclin dependent kinase (cdk) inhibitor flavopiridol in malignant melanoma, a disease with frequent abnormalities of the cyclin dependent kinase system...
- CTCAE v3.0: development of a comprehensive grading system for the adverse effects of cancer treatmentAndy Trotti
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center at the University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Semin Radiat Oncol 13:176-81. 2003..This article updates recent progress in the evolution of adverse effects grading systems and reviews the development of CTCAE v3.0...