Marla L Clayman
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Pediatric residents' response to ambiguous words about child discipline and behaviorMarla L Clayman
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, 624 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Patient Educ Couns 55:16-21. 2004..Considering clarification may be helpful in understanding doctors' responses to patients' cues...
- Frustrated and confused: the American public rates its cancer-related information-seeking experiencesNeeraj K Arora
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:223-8. 2008..Ensuring access to high-quality cancer-related information is important for the success of cancer prevention and control efforts...
- Physicians' decision-making style and psychosocial outcomes among cancer survivorsNeeraj K Arora
Outcomes Research Branch, Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Blvd, MSC 7344, EPN 4092, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344, USA
Patient Educ Couns 77:404-12. 2009..We evaluated pathways linking physicians' decision-making style with cancer survivors' health-related quality of life (HRQOL)...
- Autonomy-related behaviors of patient companions and their effect on decision-making activity in geriatric primary care visitsMarla L Clayman
Program in Communication and Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 676 North St Clair, Suite 200, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Soc Sci Med 60:1583-91. 2005..4-8.7, p < .01; adjusted OR 4.5, CI 1.6-12.4, p < .01). Companions can play an important role in the visits of geriatric patients by facilitating communication throughout the visit as well as patient activity in decision-making...
- Shared decision making: fertility and pediatric cancersMarla L Clayman
Northwestern University, USA
Cancer Treat Res 138:149-60. 2007