Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Th17 cells and Tregs: unlikely alliesXin Chen
Basic Science Program, Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, Frederick, Maryland, USA and
J Leukoc Biol 95:723-731. 2014..This bidirectional crosstalk is largely dependent on the TNF-TNFR2 pathway. These mutual stimulatory effects should be considered in devising future Th17 cell- and Treg-targeting therapy...
- TNFR2 is critical for the stabilization of the CD4+Foxp3+ regulatory T. cell phenotype in the inflammatory environmentXin Chen
Basic Science Program, Science Applications International Corporation Frederick, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Immunol 190:1076-84. 2013..This effect of TNF should be taken into account when designing future therapy of autoimmunity and graft-versus-host disease by using TNF inhibitors...
- The phenotypic and functional consequences of tumour necrosis factor receptor type 2 expression on CD4(+) FoxP3(+) regulatory T cellsXin Chen
Basic Science Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Cancer Inflammation Program, Center for Cancer Research, NCI Frederick, Frederick, MD, USA
Immunology 133:426-33. 2011..The contribution of TNFR2 expression on Treg and Teff cells to the beneficial and detrimental effects of anti-TNF treatment in autoimmune disorders will also be discussed...
- Cutting edge: expression of TNFR2 defines a maximally suppressive subset of mouse CD4+CD25+FoxP3+ T regulatory cells: applicability to tumor-infiltrating T regulatory cellsXin Chen
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick Inc, National Cancer Institute NCI Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
J Immunol 180:6467-71. 2008..Thus, TNFR2 identifies a unique subset of mouse Tregs with an activated/memory phenotype and maximal suppressive activity that may account for tumor-infiltrating lymphocyte-mediated immune evasion by tumors...
- Resolving the identity myth: key markers of functional CD4+FoxP3+ regulatory T cellsXin Chen
Basic Science Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Cancer Inflammation Program, NCI Frederick, Frederick, Maryland 21702, United States
Int Immunopharmacol 11:1489-96. 2011....
- Dendritic cells as a pharmacological target of traditional Chinese medicineXin Chen
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, Lab of Molecular Immunoregulation, Cancer and Inflammation Program, CCR, NCI Frederick, P O Box B, Bldg 560, Rm 31 19, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Cell Mol Immunol 3:401-10. 2006..These studies have revealed novel biological effects of TCM and documented the utility of this approach to discover novel biological modifier of DC functions derived from natural sources...
- Expression of costimulatory TNFR2 induces resistance of CD4+FoxP3- conventional T cells to suppression by CD4+FoxP3+ regulatory T cellsXin Chen
Basic Science Program, Science Applications International Corporation Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Immunol 185:174-82. 2010..However, intratumoral Tregs expressing more TNFR2 are able to overcome the greater resistance to suppression of intratumoral Tconv cells, resulting in a dominant immunosuppressive tumor environment...
- TNF-alpha: an activator of CD4+FoxP3+TNFR2+ regulatory T cellsXin Chen
Basic Science Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Curr Dir Autoimmun 11:119-34. 2010..The role of Tregs in the autoimmune disorders and cancer as well as the effect of anti-TNF therapy on Tregs, especially in rheumatoid arthritis, will also be considered...
- Pertussis toxin by inducing IL-6 promotes the generation of IL-17-producing CD4 cellsXin Chen
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
J Immunol 178:6123-9. 2007..Thus, in addition to inhibiting the development of Treg, the immunoadjuvant activity of PTx can be attributable to the generation of IL-6-dependent IL-17-producing CD4 cells...
- Interaction of TNF with TNF receptor type 2 promotes expansion and function of mouse CD4+CD25+ T regulatory cellsXin Chen
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Immunol 179:154-61. 2007..Moreover, our study suggests that the slower response of Tregs than Teffs to TNF results in delayed immunosuppressive feedback effects...
- Co-expression of TNFR2 and CD25 identifies more of the functional CD4+FOXP3+ regulatory T cells in human peripheral bloodXin Chen
Basic Science Program, Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, SAIC Frederick, Inc, NCI Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Eur J Immunol 40:1099-106. 2010..As some non-Treg express TNFR2, the combination of CD25 and TNFR2 must be used to identify a larger population of human Treg, a population that may prove to be of diagnostic and therapeutic benefit in cancer and autoimmune diseases...
- Triptolide, a constituent of immunosuppressive Chinese herbal medicine, is a potent suppressor of dendritic-cell maturation and traffickingXin Chen
Basic Research Program, Science Applications International Corporation Frederick, Inc, Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Blood 106:2409-16. 2005..These data provide new insight into the mechanism of action of TPT and indicate that the inhibition of maturation and trafficking of DCs by TPT contributes to its immunosuppressive effects...
- Yin zi huang, an injectable multicomponent chinese herbal medicine, is a potent inhibitor of T-cell activationXin Chen
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
J Altern Complement Med 10:519-26. 2004..The effects of 10 ingredient components of YZH were also evaluated...
- BALB/c mice have more CD4+CD25+ T regulatory cells and show greater susceptibility to suppression of their CD4+CD25- responder T cells than C57BL/6 miceXin Chen
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, MD 21702, USA
J Leukoc Biol 78:114-21. 2005..Our data also suggest that differences in the CD4(+)CD25(+) Treg cell number and the susceptibility of CD4(+)CD25(-) Tres cells may, at least in part, account for the differences in immune response between B6 and BALB/c strains of mice...
- Triptolide attenuates endotoxin- and staphylococcal exotoxin-induced T-cell proliferation and production of cytokines and chemokinesTeresa Krakauer
Department of Immunology and Molecular Biology, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Bldg 1425, Fort Detrick, Frederick, MD 21702 5011, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 27:53-66. 2005..It also may be therapeutically useful for mitigating the pathogenic effects of these microbial products by downregulating the signaling pathways activated by both bacterial exotoxins and endotoxins...
- Successful immunotherapy with IL-2/anti-CD40 induces the chemokine-mediated mitigation of an immunosuppressive tumor microenvironmentJonathan M Weiss
Laboratory of Experimental Immunology, Cancer and Inflammation Program, NCI Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:19455-60. 2009..These results suggest that the use of anti-CD40 in combination with IL-2 or IL-15 may hold substantially more promise for clinical cancer treatment than anti-CD40 alone...
- Differential response of murine CD4+CD25+ and CD4+CD25- T cells to dexamethasone-induced cell deathXin Chen
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, Frederick, MD, USA
Eur J Immunol 34:859-69. 2004..Our data also suggest that selective protection of CD4+CD25+ T cell from apoptosis may constitute a role in immune tolerance for IL-2...
- Pertussis toxin as an adjuvant suppresses the number and function of CD4+CD25+ T regulatory cellsXin Chen
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, National Cancer Institute Frederick Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Eur J Immunol 36:671-80. 2006..This study concludes that an underlying cause for the immunological adjuvanticity of PTx is down-regulation of Treg cell number and function...
- Functional and genomic analyses of FOXP3-transduced Jurkat-T cells as regulatory T (Treg)-like cellsJoon Young Kim
Cancer Stem Cell Section, Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, NCI Frederick, 1050 Boyles Street, Building 560, Room 21 78, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 362:44-50. 2007....
- Glucocorticoid amplifies IL-2-dependent expansion of functional FoxP3(+)CD4(+)CD25(+) T regulatory cells in vivo and enhances their capacity to suppress EAEXin Chen
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Eur J Immunol 36:2139-49. 2006..Therefore, the combination of glucocorticoid and IL-2, two currently used therapeutics, may provide a novel approach for the treatment of autoimmune diseases, transplant rejection and graft-vs.-host disease...
- Tannic acid is an inhibitor of CXCL12 (SDF-1alpha)/CXCR4 with antiangiogenic activityXin Chen
The Basic Research Program, Science Applications International Corporation Frederick, Inc Gaithersburg, Maryland 20879, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:3115-23. 2003..The antiangiogenic effect of tannic acid was assessed by in vitro endothelial cell tube formation...
- Development of regulatory T cells requires IL-7Ralpha stimulation by IL-7 or TSLPRenata Mazzucchelli
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Cancer and Inflammation Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute NCI, National Institutes of Health NIH, Frederick, MD, USA
Blood 112:3283-92. 2008....
- RNase protection assay for the study of the differential effects of therapeutic agents in suppressing staphylococcal enterotoxin B-induced cytokines in human peripheral blood mononuclear cellsTeresa Krakauer
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD, USA
Methods Mol Biol 214:151-64. 2003
- TNF optimally activatives regulatory T cells by inducing TNF receptor superfamily members TNFR2, 4-1BB and OX40Ryoko Hamano
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Cancer Inflammation Program, Center for Cancer Research, NCI Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Eur J Immunol 41:2010-20. 2011....
- Shikonin, a component of chinese herbal medicine, inhibits chemokine receptor function and suppresses human immunodeficiency virus type 1Xin Chen
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:2810-6. 2003..Therefore, shikonin, as a naturally occurring, low-molecular-weight pan-chemokine receptor inhibitor, constitutes a basis for the development of novel anti-HIV therapeutic agents...
- Effects of IL-7 and dexamethasone: induction of CD25, the high affinity IL-2 receptor, on human CD4+ cellsIl Yup Chung
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Center for Cancer Research, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Cell Immunol 232:57-63. 2004..This combination may provide a novel means of priming CD4 T cells to respond to IL-2 and may prove useful in up-regulation of normal immune responses in immune deficient diseases...
- Rapamycin inhibits differentiation of Th17 cells and promotes generation of FoxP3+ T regulatory cellsHeather Kopf
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Center for Cancer Research, NCI Frederick, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 7:1819-24. 2007....
- In vitro generated Th17 cells support the expansion and phenotypic stability of CD4(+)Foxp3(+) regulatory T cells in vivoQiong Zhou
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Cancer Inflammation Program, Center for Cancer Research, NCI, Frederick, MD 21702, United States
Cytokine 65:56-64. 2014..This bidirectional interaction should be taken into account when designing therapy targeting Th17 cells, Tregs, TNF and TNFR2. ..
- Autoantigens signal through chemokine receptors: uveitis antigens induce CXCR3- and CXCR5-expressing lymphocytes and immature dendritic cells to migrateO M Zack Howard
National Cancer Institute Center for Cancer Research, Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Basic Research Program, Science Applications International Corporation, Frederick, MD, USA
Blood 105:4207-14. 2005..These studies suggest that IRBP and S-Ag can initiate innate and, in sensitive individuals, adaptive immune response by attracting iDCs and T and B cells expressing CXCR3 and CXCR5...
- Progranulin promotes tumour necrosis factor-induced proliferation of suppressive mouse CD4⁺ Foxp3⁺ regulatory T cellsYa Hu
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Cancer Inflammation Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD, USA School of Medicine, Yangtze University, Jingzhou, Hubei, China
Immunology 142:193-201. 2014..Hence, our data clearly show that PGRN promotes, rather than inhibits, the functional consequence of TNF-TNFR2 interaction on Treg cells. ..
- IKKα is required for the homeostasis of regulatory T cells and for the expansion of both regulatory and effector CD4 T cellsXin Chen
Basic Science Program, Leidos Biomedical Research, Incorporated, Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, and State Key Laboratory of Quality Research in Chinese Medicine, Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau, Macao SAR, China
FASEB J 29:443-54. 2015..These properties of IKKα may be exploited as therapeutic strategies in the treatment of major human diseases...
- Chemokines and chemokine receptors as novel therapeutic targets in rheumatoid arthritis (RA): inhibitory effects of traditional Chinese medicinal componentsXin Chen
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, MD 21702 1201, USA
Cell Mol Immunol 1:336-42. 2004..Thus, this approach may lead to the discovery of new inhibitors of chemokines or chemokine receptors that can be used to treat diseases associated with inappropriately overactive chemokine mediated inflammatory reactions...
- Novel peptides based on HIV-1 gp120 sequence with homology to chemokines inhibit HIV infection in cell cultureOleg Chertov
Protein Chemistry Laboratory, Advanced Technology Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e14474. 2011..Thus these peptides can be used to dissect gp120 interactions with chemokine receptors and could serve as leads for the design of new inhibitors of HIV-1...
- Regulatory T cells and myeloid-derived suppressor cells in the tumor microenvironment undergo Fas-dependent cell death during IL-2/αCD40 therapyJonathan M Weiss
Cancer and Inflammation Program, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702
J Immunol 192:5821-9. 2014..Our results suggest that immunotherapeutic strategies that include exploiting Treg and MDSC susceptibility to Fas-mediated apoptosis hold promise for treatment of cancer. ..
- Effective chemoimmunotherapy with anti-TGFβ antibody and cyclophosphamide in a mouse model of breast cancerXin Chen
Basic Science Program, Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc, Frederick National Laboratory, Frederick, Maryland, United States of America Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e85398. 2014..Taken together, our data show that anti-TGFβ antibody and cyclophosphamide represents an effective chemoimmunotherapeutic combination. ..
- Effects of Shuanghuanglian and Qingkailing, two multi-components of traditional Chinese medicinal preparations, on human leukocyte functionXin Chen
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Fort Detrick, MD, 21702 1201, USA
Life Sci 70:2897-913. 2002..Identification of the responsible components in these two herbal preparations may yield compounds suitable for structural modification into potent novel drugs...
- Cellular pharmacology studies of shikonin derivativesXin Chen
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Phytother Res 16:199-209. 2002..This general inhibitory effect can account for the broad spectrum of shikonin biological and pharmacological activities...
- Contrasting effects of TNF and anti-TNF on the activation of effector T cells and regulatory T cells in autoimmunityXin Chen
Basic Science Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, NCI Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
FEBS Lett 585:3611-8. 2011..Understanding the differential effects of TNF on Teffs and Tregs is fundamentally required for the design of more effective and safer anti-TNF or anti-TNF receptor(s) therapeutic strategy for autoimmune diseases...
- The Alarmin HMGN1 contributes to antitumor immunity and is a potent immunoadjuvantFeng Wei
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Cancer and Inflammation Program, Center for Cancer Research, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research FNLCR, Frederick, Maryland Department of Immunology, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin, China
Cancer Res 74:5989-98. 2014..Overall, our findings show that HMGN1 contributes to antitumor immunity and it may offer an effective adjuvant to heighten responses to cancer vaccines...
- Regulatory effects of deoxycholic acid, a component of the anti-inflammatory traditional Chinese medicine Niuhuang, on human leukocyte response to chemoattractantsXin Chen
The Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Bldg 560, Rm 31 19, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 63:533-41. 2002..Taken together, our experimental results suggest that blockade of fMLP receptors may contribute to the anti-inflammatory effects of traditional medicine containing DCA...
- Imidazo[1,5-a]pyrazines: orally efficacious inhibitors of mTORC1 and mTORC2Andrew P Crew
OSI Oncology, OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 1 Bioscience Park Drive, Farmingdale, NY 11735, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 21:2092-7. 2011....
- Splenic CD19-CD35+B220+ cells function as an inducer of follicular dendritic cell network formationTakaya Murakami
Laboratory for Epithelial Immunobiology, Rikagaku Kenkyusho RIKEN Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, Yokohama, Japan
Blood 110:1215-24. 2007....
- Stimulation of macrophage TNFalpha production by orthopaedic wear particles requires activation of the ERK1/2/Egr-1 and NF-kappaB pathways but is independent of p38 and JNKMichelle A Beidelschies
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Cell Physiol 217:652-66. 2008....
- TNFalpha and PTH utilize distinct mechanisms to induce IL-6 and RANKL expression with markedly different kineticsJia C Dai
Department of Orthopaedics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 5000, USA
Bone 38:509-20. 2006..In contrast, the less extensive effect of PTH likely reflects that it acts in physiological situations where it is important to minimize the potential adverse effects of high levels of IL-6 on bone and/or surrounding tissues...
- The beta-catenin/T-cell factor/lymphocyte enhancer factor signaling pathway is required for normal and stress-induced cardiac hypertrophyXin Chen
Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Tufts New England Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:4462-73. 2006..Thus, our studies, employing complementary models in vivo, implicate beta-catenin/Tcf/Lef signaling as an essential growth-regulatory pathway in terminally differentiated cells...
- A microarray analysis of the emergence of embryonic definitive hematopoiesisDong Chen
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Exp Hematol 35:1344-57. 2007..However, results from ES cell-based studies have been limited by the paucity of information available about early human hematopoietic development...
- Gene expression patterns of human colon tops and basal crypts and BMP antagonists as intestinal stem cell niche factorsCynthia Kosinski
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15418-23. 2007..Our study also suggests that BMP antagonists are candidate signaling components that make up the intestinal epithelial stem cell niche...
- Frequency response model and simulation of transmembrane potentials on cellular inner and outer membranesXin Chen
Key Laboratory of High Voltage Engineering and Electrical New Technology, Ministry of Education, Chongqing University, Chongqing, 400044 China
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:5819-22. 2007..The experimental result agrees well with the simulation. Therefore, the simulation result provides a theoretical guidance to choosing reasonable window parameters for application of nanosecond pulse to tumor treatment...
- Curcumin prevents and reverses murine cardiac hypertrophyHong Liang Li
Division of Cardiology, Heart and Stroke Richard Lewar Centre of Excellence, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Invest 118:879-93. 2008..Our results indicate that curcumin has the potential to protect against cardiac hypertrophy, inflammation, and fibrosis through suppression of p300-HAT activity and downstream GATA4, NF-kappaB, and TGF-beta-Smad signaling pathways...
- Design and evaluation of sifuvirtide, a novel HIV-1 fusion inhibitorYuxian He
AIDS Research Center, Institute of Pathogen Biology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100730, China
J Biol Chem 283:11126-34. 2008..0 +/- 8.6 h and 26.0 +/- 7.9 h, respectively. In summary, sifuvirtide has potential to become an ideal fusion inhibitor for treatment of HIV/AIDS patients, including those with HIV-1 strains resistant to T20...
- Study of transmembrane potentials on cellular inner and outer membrane--frequency response model and its filter characteristic simulationChenguo Yao
State Key Laboratory of Power Transmission Equipment and System Security and New Technology, College of Electrical Engineering, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400044, China
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 55:1792-9. 2008..Therefore, the frequency response model could help to choose reasonable window parameters for the application of a nanosecond pulsed electric field to tumor treatment...
- Either part of a Drosophila epsin protein, divided after the ENTH domain, functions in endocytosis of delta in the developing eyeErin Overstreet
Section of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station, 78712, USA
Curr Biol 13:854-60. 2003..These results challenge the model for epsin function that requires an intact protein...
- Parallels between global transcriptional programs of polarizing Caco-2 intestinal epithelial cells in vitro and gene expression programs in normal colon and colon cancerAnnika M Sääf
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Mol Biol Cell 18:4245-60. 2007..The full data set is available at http://microarray-pubs.stanford.edu/CACO2...
- Impaired heart contractility in Apelin gene-deficient mice associated with aging and pressure overloadKeiji Kuba
Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna, Austria
Circ Res 101:e32-42. 2007..These genetic data show that the endogenous peptide Apelin is crucial to maintain cardiac contractility in pressure overload and aging...
- Inverse expression of Jun activation domain binding protein 1 and cell cycle inhibitor p27Kip1: influence on proliferation in hepatocellular carcinomaJan P Berg
Institute of Pathology, University of Bonn, D 53127 Bonn, Germany
Hum Pathol 38:1621-7. 2007..We conclude that Jab1 expression may lead to down-regulation of the negative cell cycle regulator p27(Kip1), pointing to a possible mechanism that promotes hepatocarcinogenesis...
- [The research of relationship between DNA degradation and postmortem interval]Xin Chen
Shanghai Institute of Criminal Science and Technology, Shanghai 200083, China
Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi 21:115-7. 2005..To investigate the relationship between the DNA degradation in cells and postmortem interval...
- Comparison of array-based comparative genomic hybridization with gene expression-based regional expression biases to identify genetic abnormalities in hepatocellular carcinomaKyle A Furge
Van Andel Research Institute, 333 Bostwick Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
BMC Genomics 6:67. 2005..However as REBs are identified using transcriptional information, detection of REBs may also identify local transcriptional abnormalities produced by both genetic and epigenetic mechanisms...
- Granulin-epithelin precursor overexpression promotes growth and invasion of hepatocellular carcinomaSiu Tim Cheung
Centre for the Study of Liver Disease and Departments of Surgery and Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Clin Cancer Res 10:7629-36. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate the clinical significance of GEP expression and its potential as a therapeutic target in HCC...
- Correlation between gene expression and morphological alterations in baboon carotid after balloon dilatation injuryEinari Aavik
Rational Drug Design Program, Biomedicum and Transplantation Laboratory, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
FASEB J 19:130-2. 2005..The analysis presents a tentative model for genomic response to balloon catheter injury and a road map to identify time-related genomic alterations in human vascular specimens...
- Testis-specific TAF homologs collaborate to control a tissue-specific transcription programMark Hiller
Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5329, USA
Development 131:5297-308. 2004....
- Gene expression patterns in human embryonic stem cells and human pluripotent germ cell tumorsJamie M Sperger
Wisconsin National Primate Research Center and Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:13350-5. 2003..These genes are candidates for involvement in the maintenance of a pluripotent, undifferentiated phenotype...
- Can an in silico drug-target search method be used to probe potential mechanisms of medicinal plant ingredients?Xin Chen
Department of Computational Science, National University of Singapore, Blk S17, Level 7, 3 Science Drive 2, Singapore 117543
Nat Prod Rep 20:432-44. 2003....
- [Estimation of postmortal interval by measuring the amount of DNA in cells]Xin Chen
Shanghai Criminal Science and Technology Institute, Shanghai 200083, China
Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi 19:120-1. 2003..This paper introduce several different measuring ways, law of variation and application situation of DNA in cells. In addition, the result evaluation of measuring methods and application prospect is given...
- High incidence of epithelial cancers in mice deficient for DNA polymerase delta proofreadingRobert E Goldsby
Eccles Institute of Human Genetics and Department of Pediatrics Division of Pediatric HematologyOncology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City 84112, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:15560-5. 2002..Mice deficient in poldelta proofreading provide a tractable model to study mechanisms of epithelial tumorigenesis initiated by a mutator phenotype...
- BMP4 initiates human embryonic stem cell differentiation to trophoblastRen He Xu
WiCell Research Institute, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Nat Biotechnol 20:1261-4. 2002..Human ES cells thus provide a tool for studying the differentiation and function of early human trophoblast and could provide a new understanding of some of the earliest differentiation events of human postimplantation development...
- [IRE_FINDER-computational search of iron response element in human and mouse UTRs]Xin Chen
College of Life Science, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai) 34:743-7. 2002..Here we use an improved computation method performing a comprehensive search of IRE in human and mouse genes. We try to catalog potential human and mouse IRE containing genes, at the same time identify potential U1A5 IREs...
- Termination of immediate-early gene expression after stimulation by parathyroid hormone or isoproterenolXin Chen
Department of Orthopaedics, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 5000, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 283:C1432-40. 2002..This conclusion may therefore reflect a general mechanism for termination of immediate-early gene expression after induction by cAMP/PKA...
- [The effects of interleukin-12 inhalation on airway inflammation and T helper cell subsets in mouse asthma models]Xin Chen
Respiratory Department of China Japan Friendship Hospital, Beijing 100029, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 41:313-6. 2002..To observe the effects of aerosol interleukin-12 (IL-12) on the antigen-induced airway inflammation and T helper cell subsets in mouse asthma models...
- [Rosiglitazone inhibits atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-knockout mice]Quan Ming Zhao
Department of Cardiology, Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Capital University of Medical Science, Beijing 100029, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 33:399-404. 2005..To study the effect of rosiglitazone on atherosclerosis and potential mechanism in ApoE-knockout mice...
- Array-based comparative genomic hybridization reveals recurrent chromosomal aberrations and Jab1 as a potential target for 8q gain in hepatocellular carcinomaMohini A Patil
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Carcinogenesis 26:2050-7. 2005....
- Radiogenomic analysis to identify imaging phenotypes associated with drug response gene expression programs in hepatocellular carcinomaMichael D Kuo
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:821-31. 2007....
- Directed neural differentiation of human embryonic stem cells via an obligated primitive anterior stageMatthew T Pankratz
Waisman Center, Rm T613, University of Wisconsin, 1500 Highland Ave, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Stem Cells 25:1511-20. 2007..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article...
- The stochastic nature of gene expression revealed at the single-molecule levelXin Chen
Department of Chemistry, Texas A and M University, 3255 TAMU, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
ACS Chem Biol 1:129-31. 2006..The work was done by two separate methods: fluorescent protein labeling and enzymatic amplification. Statistical analysis of the data reveals the inherent stochastic nature of gene expression...
- Microarray analysis of stem cells and differentiationHoward Y Chang
Program in Epithelial Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Methods Enzymol 420:225-54. 2006..We also detail examples that apply microarray technology to address several of the main questions in stem cell biology...
- [The effects of nerve growth factor-induced apoptosis on hepatic stellate cells of fibrotic rat liver]Xin Chen
Department of Gastroenterology, Second Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050000, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 86:1985-8. 2006..To evaluate the effects of nerve growth factor (NGF) on the proliferation and apoptosis of hepatic stellate cells (HSCs) of fibrotic rat...
- Biocompatibility of poly (3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyhexanoate) modified by silk fibroinNa Mei
The Key Laboratory of Molecular Engineering of Polymers, Ministry of Education, Macromolecular Science Department, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200433, China
J Mater Sci Mater Med 17:749-58. 2006
- Structure-based drug design of a novel family of PPARgamma partial agonists: virtual screening, X-ray crystallography, and in vitro/in vivo biological activitiesI Lin Lu
Division of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Research, National Health Research Institutes, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Med Chem 49:2703-12. 2006..e., PPARalpha and PPARdelta, and steric hindrance upon the ligand binding...
- Chromatin-binding in vivo of the erythroid kruppel-like factor, EKLF, in the murine globin lociYu Chiau Shyu
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei 115
Cell Res 16:347-55. 2006....
- Tricyclic azepine derivatives: pyrimido[4,5-b]-1,4-benzoxazepines as a novel class of epidermal growth factor receptor kinase inhibitorsLeon Smith
Department of Chemistry, ImClone Systems, 180 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 16:1643-6. 2006..Such compounds demonstrate anti-EGFR activity within a class that is different from any known EGFR inhibitor scaffolds. They also provide a basis for the design of kinase inhibitors with the desired selectivity profile...
- Regional activation of chromosomal arm 7q with and without gene amplification in taxane-selected human ovarian cancer cell linesYan C Wang
Oncology Division, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45:365-74. 2006....
- Novel indole-based peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor agonists: design, SAR, structural biology, and biological activitiesNeeraj Mahindroo
Division of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Research, National Health Research Institutes, 35 Keyan Road, Zhunan Town, Miaoli County 350, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Med Chem 48:8194-208. 2005..Structural biology studies of 14 showed that the indole ring contributes strong hydrophobic interactions with PPARgamma and could be an important moiety for the binding to the protein...
- Tissue-specific TAFs counteract Polycomb to turn on terminal differentiationXin Chen
Departments of Developmental Biology and Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5329, USA
Science 310:869-72. 2005..Testis TAFs also promoted relocalization of Polycomb Repression Complex 1 components to the nucleolus in spermatocytes, implicating subnuclear architecture in the regulation of terminal differentiation...
- Synthesis and structure-activity relationships of pyrazine-pyridine biheteroaryls as novel, potent, and selective vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 inhibitorsGee Hong Kuo
Drug Discovery Division, Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, L L C, 1000 Route 202, P O Box 300, Raritan, New Jersey 08869, USA
J Med Chem 48:4892-909. 2005..Molecular modeling (QSAR analysis) was conducted in an attempt to rationalize the observed structure-activity relationship...
- A P element transformation vector for high levels of gene expression in germ-line cells of the ovary and undifferentiated cells in the developing eye of DrosophilaXin Chen
Section of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, The Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Plasmid 47:61-5. 2002..In addition, in the eye, pFAF is unique in that it activates transcription specifically in undifferentiated cells...