Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Discordant changes in cortical TrkC mRNA and protein during the human lifespanSenda Beltaifa
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, IRP, NIMH, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Eur J Neurosci 21:2433-44. 2005..Our results suggest that truncated trkC is prevalent in the human PFC and that neurons and glia may be responsive to NT-3 in the PFC throughout life...
- Elevated neuregulin-1 and ErbB4 protein in the prefrontal cortex of schizophrenic patientsVictor Z Chong
MiNDS Unit, CBDB, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bldg 10, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Schizophr Res 100:270-80. 2008..We hypothesize that ErbB4 proteolytic processing may also be altered in schizophrenia, yielding altered ratios of functionally distinct forms of ErbB4...
- A conserved mRNA expression profile of SREB2 (GPR85) in adult human, monkey, and rat forebrainMitsuyuki Matsumoto
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, NIMH, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 138:58-69. 2005..Together, these data suggest a possible link between SREB family and neural plasticity, which may explain its extremely high conservation throughout vertebrate evolution...
- Epistatic and functional interactions of catechol-o-methyltransferase (COMT) and AKT1 on neuregulin1-ErbB signaling in cell modelsYoshitatsu Sei
Clinical Brain Disorder Branch, Genes, Cognition, and Psychosis Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e10789. 2010....
- Catechol O-methyltransferase (COMT) mRNA expression in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex of patients with schizophreniaMitsuyuki Matsumoto
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, Intramural Research Program, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:1521-30. 2003..The disease-related laminar difference of COMT expression may be involved in dysregulation of dopamine signaling circuits in the DLPFC of patients with schizophrenia...