Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Religious and spiritual practices and identification among individuals living with cancer and other chronic diseaseAnita H Ambs
Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Prevention Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Soc Integr Oncol 5:53-60. 2007..Future research should continue to examine whether and how religious and spiritual practices are used as complementary or alternative medicine, and health care professionals should ask their patients about such use...
- Overview of the SEER--Medicare Health Outcomes Survey linked datasetAnita Ambs
National Cancer Institute NCI, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 29:5-21. 2008..This article provides a description of the SEER-MHOS data as a tool to study cancer among Medicare enrollees. In order to highlight the strengths of the database, we also present some descriptive statistics from the database...
- A health services research agenda for cellular, molecular and genomic technologies in cancer careLouise Wideroff
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Public Health Genomics 12:233-44. 2009..In recent decades, extensive resources have been invested to develop cellular, molecular and genomic technologies with clinical applications that span the continuum of cancer care...
- The role of primary care physicians in cancer careCarrie N Klabunde
Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, EPN 4005 6130 Executive Boulevard, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:1029-36. 2009..The demand for oncology services in the United States (US) is increasing, whereas a shortage of oncologists looms. There is the need for a better understanding of the involvement of primary care physicians (PCPs) in cancer care...
- A population-based assessment of specialty physician involvement in cancer clinical trialsCarrie N Klabunde
Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:384-97. 2011....
- Dietary supplement use in individuals living with cancer and other chronic conditions: a population-based studyMelissa Farmer Miller
Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program, National Cancer Institute, 6116 Executive Blvd, Ste 404, MSC 8336, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 108:483-94. 2008..Our objective was to compare supplement use among those with and without cancer and among those with and without other chronic conditions, and to identify correlates of supplement use by cancer status...
- Comorbidities, therapy, and newly diagnosed conditions for women with early stage breast cancerLinda C Harlan
Applied Research Program, National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Blvd, MSC 7344, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cancer Surviv 3:89-98. 2009..To describe comorbidities in breast cancer patients at diagnosis and examine factors associated with self-reported comorbidities 30 months post-diagnosis...