Sean F Altekruse
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- SEER cancer registry biospecimen research: yesterday and tomorrowSean F Altekruse
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Rockville, Maryland
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 23:2681-7. 2014..See all the articles in this CEBP Focus section, "Biomarkers, Biospecimens, and New Technologies in Molecular Epidemiology." Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev; 23(12); 2681-7. ©2014 AACR. ..
- Hepatocellular carcinoma incidence, mortality, and survival trends in the United States from 1975 to 2005Sean F Altekruse
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, and the Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD 20892 8316, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1485-91. 2009..Incidence rates are increasing in the United States. Monitoring incidence, survival, and mortality rates within at-risk populations can facilitate control efforts...
- Enumeration of Escherichia coli cells on chicken carcasses as a potential measure of microbial process control in a random selection of slaughter establishments in the United StatesSean F Altekruse
USDA, Food Safety and Inspection Service, Washington, DC 20250, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:3522-7. 2009..1 CFU/ml had lower overall prevalence of Salmonella and mean log(10) Campylobacter CFU/ml than sample sets with higher means. These findings regarding reductions in E. coli numbers provide insight relevant to microbial process control...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma confirmation, treatment, and survival in surveillance, epidemiology, and end results registries, 1992-2008Sean F Altekruse
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Hepatology 55:476-82. 2012..Asian or Pacific Islander cases had significantly better 5-year survival (23%) than white (18%), Hispanic (15%), or black cases (12%)...
- Spatial patterns of localized-stage prostate cancer incidence among white and black men in the southeastern United States, 1999-2001Sean F Altekruse
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:1460-7. 2010..In the United States, prostate cancer incidence is higher among black than among white males, with a higher proportion of blacks diagnosed with advanced-stage cancer...
- Agreement for tumor grade of ovarian carcinoma: analysis of archival tissues from the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results residual tissue repositoryRayna K Matsuno
DHHS NIH National Cancer Institute Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Cancer Causes Control 24:749-57. 2013..Emerging data suggest that ovarian cancers differ by tumor grade. However, the reliability of microscopic grade from paraffin tissue in the general medical community and as reflected in population-based cancer registries is unknown...
- Changing hepatocellular carcinoma incidence and liver cancer mortality rates in the United StatesSean F Altekruse
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 109:542-53. 2014..The objectives were to describe Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) incidence trends and the US liver cancer mortality trends by geography, age, race/ethnicity, and gender...
- Socioeconomic status and hepatocellular carcinoma in the United StatesFatma M Shebl
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:1330-5. 2012..While risk is known to vary among different racial and ethnic groups, less is known about the variability of risk within these groups by neighborhood socioeconomic status (SES)...
- Histological classification of liver and intrahepatic bile duct cancers in SEER registriesSean F Altekruse
National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, Rockville, MD, USA
J Registry Manag 38:201-5. 2011....
- Time trends in liver cancer mortality, incidence, and risk factors by unemployment level and race/ethnicity, United States, 1969-2011Gopal K Singh
US Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, 5600 Fishers Lane, Room 18 41, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
J Community Health 38:926-40. 2013..Disparities in mortality and incidence are consistent with similar inequalities in hepatitis infection and alcohol consumption. ..
- U.S. geographic distribution of prevaccine era cervical cancer screening, incidence, stage, and mortalityMarie Josèphe Horner
Laboratory for Translational Genomics, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 8717 Grovemont Circle, Gaithersburg, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:591-9. 2011..To define priority areas for prevention efforts, we examined the geographic distribution of cervical cancer screening, incidence, stage, and mortality in the United States, prior to the introduction of HPV-based prevention technologies...
- Comparison of human papillomavirus genotypes, sexual, and reproductive risk factors of cervical adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma: Northeastern United StatesSean F Altekruse
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:657-63. 2003..We examined human papillomavirus genotypes and sexual and reproductive risk factors for cervical adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma...
- Declining childhood and adolescent cancer mortalityMalcolm A Smith
Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland
Cancer 120:2497-506. 2014....
- Obesity as a potential risk factor for adenocarcinomas and squamous cell carcinomas of the uterine cervixJames V Lacey
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20852, USA
Cancer 98:814-21. 2003..The authors evaluated whether obesity, which can influence hormone levels, was associated with adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma...
- US incidence of breast cancer subtypes defined by joint hormone receptor and HER2 statusNadia Howlader
Affiliations of authors Surveillance Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda MD NH, SFA, LAGR, KAC Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA CIL Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA CIL Louisiana Tumor Registry and Epidemiology Program, School of Public Health, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA VWC Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Fremont, CA CAC National Cancer Institute Contractor, RiesSearch, LLC, Rockville MD LAGR
J Natl Cancer Inst 106:. 2014..In 2010, Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) registries began collecting human epidermal growth factor 2 (HER2) receptor status for breast cancer cases...
- Population attributable fractions of risk factors for hepatocellular carcinoma in the United StatesOxana V Makarova-Rusher
Gastrointestinal Malignancy Section, Thoracic and Gastrointestinal Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland
Cancer 122:1757-65. 2016....
- Incidence of testicular germ cell tumors among US men by census regionArmen A Ghazarian
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland
Cancer 121:4181-9. 2015..Previously, however, it was reported that rates were rising among Hispanics in certain areas. To determine whether this finding was evident in a wider area of the United States, data from 39 US cancer registries were examined...
- Geographic variation of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma, extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma, and hepatocellular carcinoma in the United StatesSean F Altekruse
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0120574. 2015..If this is true, geographic incidence patterns and trends in ICC incidence should be more similar to that of HCC than ECC...
- Outcomes for children and adolescents with cancer: challenges for the twenty-first centuryMalcolm A Smith
Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2625-34. 2010..This report provides an overview of current childhood cancer statistics to facilitate analysis of the impact of past research discoveries on outcome and provide essential information for prioritizing future research directions...
- Salmonella enteritidis in broiler chickens, United States, 2000-2005Sean F Altekruse
US Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection Service, Washington, DC 20250, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:1848-52. 2006..The policy targets establishments with common Salmonella serotypes of human illness, including Salmonella Enteritidis. Voluntary interventions should be implemented by industry...
- Human campylobacteriosis: a challenge for the veterinary professionSean F Altekruse
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Blvd MSC 7234, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 223:445-52. 2003
- Antimicrobial susceptibilities of Escherichia coli strains from a turkey operationSean F Altekruse
Food and Drug Administration, Center for Veterinary Medicine, Rockville, MD 20895, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 221:411-6. 2002..To measure minimum inhibitory concentrations (MIC) of 17 antimicrobials for Escherichia coli isolates from a turkey operation and assess whether small samples provide precise estimates of geometric mean MIC...