Affiliation: National Jewish Medical and Research Center
- Physicochemical characterization of Cajanus cajan lectin: effect of pH and metal ions on lectin carbohydrate interactionS Ahmad
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India
Biochim Biophys Acta 1427:378-84. 1999..Results suggested that changes in carbohydrate binding properties of the Cajanus cajan lectin due to change in pH and addition of metal ions are not accompanied by any significant change in secondary structure...
- Immobilization and stabilization of invertase on Cajanus cajan lectin supportS Ahmad
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences and Institute of Biotechnology, Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh, India
Bioresour Technol 79:121-7. 2001..CCL-Seralose bound invertase exhibited marked stability towards temperature, pH changes and denaturants suggesting its potential to be used as an excellent support for the immobilization of other glycoenzymes as well...
- Cholesterol interferes with the MTT assay in human epithelial-like (A549) and endothelial (HLMVE and HCAE) cellsShama Ahmad
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
Int J Toxicol 25:17-23. 2006..A careful validation of viability assay procedures is therefore suggested in experiments where cholesterol is a constituent, to avoid a potential bias in concluding results of cytotoxicity studies...
- Purinergic signaling and kinase activation for survival in pulmonary oxidative stress and diseaseShama Ahmad
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 41:29-40. 2006..Impairment of ATP release and transmission of such signals could limit cellular survival under oxidative stress. This may further contribute to disease pathogenesis or exacerbation...
- Bcl-2 suppresses sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase expression in cystic fibrosis airways: role in oxidant-mediated cell deathShama Ahmad
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, A440, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:816-26. 2009..Modulation of the activity of sarcoendoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase (SERCA) can profoundly affect Ca(2+) homeostasis. Although altered calcium homeostasis is a characteristic of cystic fibrosis (CF), the role of SERCA is unknown...
- Glutamine protects mitochondrial structure and function in oxygen toxicityS Ahmad
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 280:L779-91. 2001..In hyperoxia, activity of the tricarboxylic acid cycle enzyme alpha-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase was partially protected by its indirect substrate, glutamine, indicating a mechanism of mitochondrial protection...
- Engagement of Gab1 and Gab2 in erythropoietin signalingA Wickrema
Section of Hematology Oncology, University of Illinois at Chicago and West Side Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
J Biol Chem 274:24469-74. 1999....
- Inhibition of tissue factor-activated platelets by low-molecular-weight heparins and glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor antagonistS Ahmad
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Thromb Res 102:143-51. 2001..This suggests that the simultaneous administration of GPIIb/IIIa receptor antagonist with LMWH may not have any added benefit in the clinical management of patients with ACS...
- Lipase-catalyzed esterification of palm-based 9,10-dihydroxystearic acid and 1-octanol in hexane--a kinetic studyR Awang
Advanced Oleochemical Technology Centre AOTC, Malaysian Palm Oil Board, Lot 9 and 11, Jalan P 14, Section 10, 43650 Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia
Biotechnol Lett 26:11-4. 2004..The maximum rate was estimated to be 1 micromol min(-1) mg(-1) catalyst in hexane at 50 degrees C, and the Michaelis-Menten constants for DHSA and 1-octanol were 1.3 M and 0.7 M, respectively...