Affiliation: NASA Ames Research Center
- A potential cause for kidney stone formation during space flights: enhanced growth of nanobacteria in microgravityNeva Ciftcioglu
Universities Space Research Association, NASA, Houston, Texas 77058, USA
Kidney Int 67:483-91. 2005..In this research we studied effect of microgravity on multiplication and calcification of NB in vitro...
- Association between Randall's plaque and calcifying nanoparticlesNeva Ciftcioglu
Nanobac Pharmaceuticals, Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX, USA
Int J Nanomedicine 3:105-15. 2008..This research is the first attempt to investigate the potential association of these two hypotheses...
- Calcifying nanoparticles (nanobacteria): an additional potential factor for urolithiasis in space flight crewsJeffrey A Jones
National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Lyndon B Johnson Space Center, Houston, Texas Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Urology 73:210.e11-3. 2009..This case report describes a calculus recovered after flight from an astronaut that, on morphologic and immunochemical analysis (including specific monoclonal antibody staining), demonstrated characteristics of calcifying nanoparticles...
- Pathological calcification and replicating calcifying-nanoparticles: general approach and correlationNeva Ciftcioglu
Astromaterials Research and Exploration Science N C, D S M, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Johnson Space Center, Houston, Texas 77058, USA
Pediatr Res 67:490-9. 2010..Controversy and critical role of CNP as nidi and triggering factor in human pathologic calcification are discussed...
- Do blood-borne calcifying nanoparticles self-propagate?Grace Mathew
Nanobac Pharmaceuticals Inc, Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX 77058, USA
Int J Nanomedicine 3:265-75. 2008..Therefore these sterile-filterable, blood-borne nanoparticles should be of concern to the nanomedicine industry...
- Nanobacteria: fact or fiction? Characteristics, detection, and medical importance of novel self-replicating, calcifying nanoparticlesNeva Ciftcioglu
Nanobac Pharmaceuticals Inc, NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX 77058, USA
J Investig Med 54:385-94. 2006