Mauricio A Escobar
Affiliation: MultiCare Health System
- Oesophageal atresia associated with congenital oesophageal stenosisMauricio Antonio Escobar
Department of Pediatric Surgical Services, Mary Bridge Children s Hospital and Health Center, Tacoma, Washington, USA
BMJ Case Rep 2013:. 2013..The impact of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease is discussed in this unique entity. Finally, the literature is reviewed for this unique entity...
- Using a multidisciplinary and evidence-based approach to decrease undertriage and overtriage of pediatric trauma patientsMauricio A Escobar
Mary Bridge Children s, Tacoma, WA Electronic address
J Pediatr Surg 51:1518-25. 2016....
- Complications in neonatal surgeryMauricio A Escobar
Pediatric Surgery, Mary Bridge Children s Hospital, PO Box 5299, MS 311 W3 SUR, 311 South, Tacoma, Washington 98415 0299 Electronic address
Semin Pediatr Surg 25:347-370. 2016..Nevertheless, short and long-term complications following neonatal surgery continue to have profound and sometimes lasting effects on individual patients, families, and society...
- Development of a systematic protocol to identify victims of non-accidental traumaMauricio A Escobar
Mary Bridge Children s Hospital and Health Center, Tacoma, WA, USA
Pediatr Surg Int 32:377-86. 2016..The objective of this review is to describe the evolution and implementation of this tool and evaluate our institutional response to NAT prior to implementation...
- Should general surgery residents be taught laparoscopic pyloromyotomies? An ethical perspectiveMauricio A Escobar
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington Pediatric Surgical Services, Mary Bridge Children s Hospital and Health Center, Tacoma, Washington Electronic address
J Surg Educ 71:102-9. 2014..The authors examine the ethical implications of teaching general surgery residents laparoscopic pyloromyotomy...
- Laparoscopic resection of an intradiaphragmatic pulmonary sequestration: a case report and review of the literatureMauricio A Escobar
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Mary Bridge Children s Hospital and Health Center, PO Box 5299, Tacoma, WA, USA
J Pediatr Surg 47:2129-33. 2012..The minimally invasive operative technique is outlined in detail, including the combine use of laparoscopy and thoracoscopy. The case is discussed and the literature is reviewed...
- Esophageal atresia associated with a rare vascular ring and esophageal duplication diverticulum: a case report and review of the literatureMauricio A Escobar
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Mary Bridge Children s Hospital and Health Center, Tacoma, WA 98415, USA
J Pediatr Surg 47:1926-9. 2012..We report the first case of a patient with associated EA-TEF, vascular ring (diverticulum of Kommerell), and esophageal lung. The literature is reviewed for these rare entities...
- An alternative to open incision and drainage for community-acquired soft tissue abscesses in childrenWilliam F McNamara
Department of Surgery, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14222, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:502-6. 2011....
- Initial experience with laparoscopic Chait Trapdoor cecostomy catheter placement for the management of fecal incontinence in children: outcomes and lessons learnedSani Ziad Yamout
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Women and Children s Hospital of Buffalo, 219 Bryant Street, Buffalo, NY 14222, USA
Pediatr Surg Int 25:1081-5. 2009..This report presents the results and lessons learned from our experience with the laparoscopic approach to placement of Chait cecostomy catheters...
- Outcome differences between gastroschisis repair methodsWilliam F McNamara
Department of Surgery, State University of New York at Buffalo, New York 14642, USA
J Surg Res 165:19-24. 2011....
- Fructose intolerance/malabsorption and recurrent abdominal pain in childrenMauricio A Escobar
Mary Bridge Children s Hospital and Health Center MultiCare Institute for Research and Innovation, Tacoma, WA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 58:498-501. 2014....
- Stapled tapering coloplasty to manage colon interposition graft redundancy for long-gap esophageal atresiaCharles W Hartin
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, Women and Children s Hospital of Buffalo, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14222, USA
J Pediatr Surg 43:2311-4. 2008..The patient underwent a successful transhiatal mobilization of the intrathoracic colon and stapled tapering coloplasty. The patient currently remains symptom-free...
- Laparoscopic excision of a newborn rectal duplication cystCharles W Hartin
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery, Women and Children s Hospital of Buffalo, State University of New York at Buffalo, NY 14222, USA
J Pediatr Surg 43:1572-4. 2008..Complications include symptoms arising from the cyst and the possibility of malignant degeneration. They are typically managed by surgical excision...