Daniel Seth Fierer
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Epidemic of Sexually Transmitted Hepatitis C Virus Infection Among HIV-Infected MenDaniel Seth Fierer
Division of Infectious Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1009, New York, NY, 10029, USA
Curr Infect Dis Rep 12:118-25. 2010..Of concern was the finding of moderately advanced fibrosis during the early stages of HCV infection. HIV-infected MSM are a new risk group for HCV infection and so should be screened regularly for HCV infection...
- Kidney and central nervous system as reservoirs of HIV infectionDaniel S Fierer
Division of Infectious Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 1:115-20. 2006..To summarize recent investigations into the establishment and maintenance of the kidney and central nervous system as reservoirs of HIV infection and the resultant pathogenesis of HIV infection in these organs...
- Rapid progression to decompensated cirrhosis, liver transplant, and death in HIV-infected men after primary hepatitis C virus infectionDaniel S Fierer
Divisions of Infectious Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Clin Infect Dis 56:1038-43. 2013....
- Absence of erythrocyte-associated HIV-1 in vivoDaniel Seth Fierer
Division of Infectious Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Infect Dis 196:587-90. 2007..Contrary to the prior report, therefore, erythrocytes do not represent a novel reservoir of HIV-1 infection in these patients...
- Persistent Reservoirs of HIV-1 InfectionDANIEL FIERER; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will also provide me with the opportunity to develop the required skills to reach my long-term goal: a career as an independent investigator and academician performing patient-oriented translational research...