Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Altered properties of the branched chain amino acid-preferring activity contribute to increased cleavages after branched chain residues by the "immunoproteasome"C Cardozo
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 273:16764-70. 1998..The potential relevance of the findings to antigen processing functions of MPC is discussed...
- Components of the bovine pituitary multicatalytic proteinase complex (proteasome) cleaving bonds after hydrophobic residuesC Cardozo
Department of Pharmacology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of the City University of New York 10029, USA
Biochemistry 38:9768-77. 1999..Rationalization of these contradictions is discussed...
- Proteasome from cytokine-treated human cells shows stimulated BrAAP activity and depressed PGPH activityJ E Nelson
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Biochem Cell Biol 78:115-8. 2000..These findings are consistent with the conclusion that the increased BrAAP activity of LMP-containing multicatalytic proteinase complex results from incorporation of LMP7 or other LMP subunits...
- Evidence for the presence of five distinct proteolytic components in the pituitary multicatalytic proteinase complex. Properties of two components cleaving bonds on the carboxyl side of branched chain and small neutral amino acidsM Orlowski
Department of Pharmacology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, City University of New York, New York 10029
Biochemistry 32:1563-72. 1993..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Control of LMP7 expression in human endothelial cells by cytokines regulating cellular and humoral immunityA Loukissa
Department of Medicine, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Cytokine 12:1326-30. 2000..The findings indicate that regulation of levels of LMP7 is similar to and may be coupled with that of other molecules required for MHC class I-dependent immunity, and depends primarily on cytokines released by Th(1)helper lymphocytes...
- Reactions of [14C]-3,4-dichloroisocoumarin with subunits of pituitary and spleen multicatalytic proteinase complexes (proteasomes)M Orlowski
Department of Pharmacology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, City University of New York 10029, USA
Biochemistry 36:13946-53. 1997..These and other data are consistent with involvement of the X and LMP2 subunits in expression of the ChT-L activity in the pituitary and spleen MPC, respectively, and suggest the catalytic functions of two other beta-subunits...